charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

2 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I wonder if the headlines coming out that Avatar 2 is a box office hit now is gonna have any (even if its minor) positive effect on the box office. I can see people who were on the fence deciding to check it out now they know it’s doing well. On every article I see about it on Facebook for example has tonnes of people commenting under it how much they loved it. 

Yeah, the OW attract bad publicity when both Domestic and China disappoint. The $1bn mark headline give the boost and good PR that movie needs now desperately. By the week after the new week weekend it will pass TGM and become the biggest movie of the year. Another goods news for publicity. 

As for M3GAN, I believe the movie will match Scream's OW last year at around 30m, so Avatar still pretty safe to go for 4 peat because I still strongly believe Avatar will go up this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Not my country. Not just Brazil. The world. Fuck the troll.

Every single person that has ever played football knows that Pelé is the literal king of the sport. Messi might have surpassed Maradona, but both of them would  agree that Pelé is the king.

He fucking created football. He turned sport into art. The rest is history.

sorry, did know you were brazilian, im still a bit sad though its been pretty obvious for about a week or two that its coming, so in my feelings its already happened some time ago

was just making a cheap and inmature joke about rsfff's rankings which last year I spent a lot of time exploring

https://www.rsssf.org/players/prolific.html#allmatches

Polizei SV Chemnitz Erwin Helmchen 8 (T) (B)

and helmchen was also nicknamed "king football" 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

I'll be honest I don't think the GA really cares about box office headlines too much. I do think that "Biggest movie ever" type headlines can get some excitement going and some butts in seats but that's about it.

• Like 2

So the top 4 films on Wednesday all have an A Cinemascore: Avatar, Puss in Boots, Wakanda Forever and Whitney. 

Wish Whitney was doing better, looks like it’ll top out under $25m domestic? Seems to be fairing a little bit better here in the UK at least. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'll be honest I don't think the GA really cares about box office headlines too much. I do think that "Biggest movie ever" type headlines can get some excitement going and some butts in seats but that's about it.

I actually disagree

after the first week or 2 and before spoilers become commonplace, box office performance is pretty much the only thing that the news can say about a movie, so they can have an effect, specially among those that mostly get their info from traditional media. I also think that the GA hasnt really gotten the memo that 1 billion isnt the most impressive thing in the world. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Has the GA ever even heard of M3gan? I guess if people are truly desperate for horror then it could do something, but have a hard time believing it will. 

M3gan was going to be the meme watch originally, now i think all the people only into movies for the memes are going to watch Cocaine bear instead.

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I actually disagree

after the first week or 2 and before spoilers become commonplace, box office performance is pretty much the only thing that the news can say about a movie, so they can have an effect, specially among those that mostly get their info from traditional media. I also think that the GA hasnt really gotten the memo that 1 billion isnt the most impressive thing in the world. 

Idk I don't really think people'd be able to name a lot of the billion movies lol. The 2 billion ones? Yeah. But like I don't think most people are like "Remember the Aladdin remake? That did a billion dollars".

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So the top 4 films on Wednesday all have an A Cinemascore: Avatar, Puss in Boots, Wakanda Forever and Whitney. 

Wish Whitney was doing better, looks like it’ll top out under $25m domestic? Seems to be fairing a little bit better here in the UK at least. 

Last week this time NWH, Sing 2 and American underdog all got A+ cinemascore. Ironically, all three movies likely to gross more than their comparable title this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Factcheck said:

It will actually break even with just $1.5B box office, $200M WW TV money & $100M ancillary money. What ever it makes after $1.5 billion will be profit.

Yeah but i was talking break even with just Box Office. But if you include everything and the out of box office gross are those numbers, then yeah it possibly breaks even (plus earns maybe something more) at just $1.5 billion. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 1

I feel like by now with Avatar the range is 530-650 (If the legs are REALLY good in January). Definitely not a bad run all things considered, but overhype definitely played a role in this being 'disappointing'.

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Pelé, the biggest football player of all time, has passed away.

REST IN POWER, KING.World Cup Win GIF by FIFA

Man... Cried more than I expected because of this. Difficult to put into words how much Pelé means for anyone who is brazilian and loves football, just like myself. 

May rest in peace with the Lord.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I feel like by now with Avatar the range is 530-650 (If the legs are REALLY good in January). Definitely not a bad run all things considered, but overhype definitely played a role in this being 'disappointing'.

Need to see this weekend first, but based on the best case scenario for the hold, I don’t think 650 is the ceiling yet. Could go higher. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Need to see this weekend first, but based on the best case scenario for the hold, I don’t think 650 is the ceiling yet. Could go higher. 

Idk we'll see but I'm not seeing the momentum domestically for it to go into the high 600s or hit 700. The legs have been good but not great and are very inconsistent.