XXR vs XXR

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

4 minutes ago, juanw said:

Please can everyone stop using the p**s word? It is disgusting and vulgar. Its extremely dehumanising for women. Don't care if the misogynistic producers named the movie that - get with the 21st century.

Its an old fairy tale. Thats where the name came from I think translated from french (or italian). Producers are not trying to do anything other than let people know its linked to the famous character.

get outraged if the Zoe Kravitz movie title Pussyland is kept.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Full power A2 makes how much in China? 600-650m. Sounds like another LOWBALL

While it's doing great, it's not exploding in any country that has similar trends/tastes as China (India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc.) that would indicate anything different. If you use similar ratios of those countries vs Endgame; China comes in about 10-15% lower in admissions. Once you increase for ticket prices then slightly decrease for ER you get something in the $600-700M range.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, juanw said:

Please can everyone stop using the p**s word? It is disgusting and vulgar. Its extremely dehumanising for women. Don't care if the misogynistic producers named the movie that - get with the 21st century.

Lol you got me, good one.

28 minutes ago, juanw said:

agreed, should be Vagina in Boots.

Edited by CoolioD1
very pleased this is my first post of 2023.
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

30 minutes ago, juanw said:

Relax that’s the character’s name…

39 minutes ago, juanw said:

So you decided to register on box office forum and this is your first message?...

Edited by Firepower

30 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Its an old fairy tale. Thats where the name came from I think translated from french (or italian). 

In french it's "Le chat botté" which translates to the cat with boots. I don't get all the fuss about the puss though...

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Miyazaki better reclaim his throne there and make like $500m+ with How Do You Live 

I'm very curious how that'll do since it's Miyazaki's first film in 15 years. I'm hoping it goes bonkers (bigger than Spirited Away) to give him a proper sendoff but in reality I'm thinking ¥12-16B. 

Moderation 

This is a reminder that you don't have to reply to comments with which you disagree. Even if someone posts something you disagree with you can reply in a kind and measured manner. If you cannot do this, please ignore the post/poster. Do not make it difficult on yourself by getting caught up in a back-and-forth or dog piling onto someone. Y'all know I'm pretty lenient and don't mind the banter but I will switch up if I have to. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

I'm very curious how that'll do since it's Miyazaki's first film in 15 years. I'm hoping it goes bonkers (bigger than Spirited Away) to give him a proper sendoff but in reality I'm thinking ¥12-16B. 

Wouldn’t that only be like $100-120m? That seems incredibly low for Miyazaki’s big coming out of retirement sendoff, especially with anime films having exploded there in recent years… 

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they have to pay respect to The Last Samurai.

I believe that's the only Hollywood movie to make more in Japan than in America, unless I'm missing something that tanked in America but inexplicably was popular in Japan.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wouldn’t that only be like $100-120m? That seems incredibly low for Miyazaki’s big coming out of retirement sendoff, especially with anime films having exploded there in recent years… 

Might be low, idk the market very well or how it'll be received. The only thing I can really go off of is that his last film made ¥11.6B in 2013 and Japan has almost no inflation. 

47 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I think Shrek 5's floor (like worst case scenario quality) is 140M and 390M WW
Lets say its just fine (65% RT, 55 Meta) I think it will do Minions 2 numbers, 370M dom and 900WW
If it gets Puss 2 or better reviews? 500M dom and 1.3bn WW 

That floor is only possible if it's like Norm of the North quality.