XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No. Not just memes, etc. But the general buzz. In overseas, Avatar 2 did open like an event film while in US it opened to lesser admits than the Minions 2.

Heck, Canada had an opening like a $190-210M opener. Highest of the year I think, though need to recheck. But US or LATA:gold:

Logic like high OW = cultural impact 
All MCU movies this year opened higher than Avatar yet they are already beaten domestic. I'm not saying Avatar have bigger cultural impact than MCU in US, that's not the case ofc. This year Top Gun & Avatar are more culturally relevant to general audience than 2022 MCU movies based on BO.

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I got told it was time for me to face reality and give up on it, just accept that it's going to scrape past 600m and be thankful for that.

No Way Home is the target

3rd place isn't the target. That's loser mentality. You should change your name to CopperJimbo. TFA or bust! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

3rd place isn't the target. That's loser mentality. You should change your name to CopperJimbo. TFA or bust! 

Next Star Wars or next Avengers to beat TFA domestic what do you think?

5 minutes ago, adaros said:

Next Star Wars or next Avengers to beat TFA domestic what do you think?

Star wars took too much damage from the sequel trilogy to go that high anytime soon. Kang has no shot whatsoever, secret wars might have a bit of a shot, wouldn't bet on it though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

try my best to make more memes so one day Avatar would become culture influence.

Fle12_raAAA2F0W?format=png&name=900x900

This is not the Avatar meme,is James Cameron meme

You better make make picture like lo’ak kiss with Spider or write some article like Jake sully full in love with Quarith ,that’s their define of culture impact

Ps:or else you can try to make the Youtube video like “Lo’ak cute moment cut’ lol

Edited by Bruce

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

try my best to make more memes so one day Avatar would become culture influence.

you watch the skies i'll watch the seas

I swaear there are more posts, tweets, youtube vids, etc talking about AVATAR having no cultural impact than there are posts, Tweets, and Youtube vids for films that supposedly do have cultural impact.

Its cultural impact is that it doesnt have cultural impact it seems lol.

Love AVATAR or hate it, people sure wont shut up about it. Argue cultural impact all you want but both films, and Cameron, live rent free in tens of millions of poepleds heads  around the world.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

If one is going to it's going to be an Avengers movie. 

If Endgame couldnt do it, a ending to a 20 something series of movies, released pre-pandemic, then i dont see another Avengers movie doing it any time soom.

Maybe in 10 years or something if we get another ending Avengers movie to another 20 something series of films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

If Endgame couldnt do it, a ending to a 20 something series of movies, released pre-pandemic, then i dont see another Avengers movie doing it any time soom.

Maybe in 10 years or something if we get another ending Avengers movie to another 20 something series of films.

Hence the word if

12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Deadbeat father Tom Cruise was forcing Scientologists to funnel money into Top Gun's BO. We've yet to figure out what's driving A2 right now.

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

The biggest enemy of TFA's DOM record - like with all previous record-holders - isnt a certain movie coming up, its inflation.

Yeah true, but every movie has that to contend with.

People like us will always know that the likes of Titanic, AVATAR, Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, TFA, will always be landmark films box office wise, and that wont change no matter how many times they are passed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Star wars took too much damage from the sequel trilogy to go that high anytime soon. Kang has no shot whatsoever, secret wars might have a bit of a shot, wouldn't bet on it though.

Star Wars Episode IX: Or how by trying to please the Fandom Menace, you please no one, so you should stick with the original plan, that was doing well, instead of listening to an internet vocal minority, when in in reality you have an A cinemascore. 

And understand that no matter what your second film this time won't have the repeat viewings and or box office of your first one simmilar thing on all Star Wars Trilogys. From Phantom Menace to Attack of the Clones and A new Hope to Empire Strike Back. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 1