CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

Holy shit

You guys need to search the Google trends

Avatar series worldwide searching line is crazy and insane recently

It has collected data in 223 nation in the world,and the people who searched Avatar series is triple higher than Endgame when Endgame release,4 times higher than NWH when NWH peak time,I can’t even a movie can compare with Avatar’s Google trends

There are only 3 things I found it’s higher than Avatar peak trends line in the entire history:

COVID Virus ,FIFA WORLD CUP and Donald Trump become US president

And another two things can compare with the peak line of Avatar 2 release:

Michael Jackson’s dead,Pokemon Go release

And Avatar’s Google trends higher than:

Olympic Games

Obama become US president

HARRY POTTER  final book release

I don’t know what to say,but,just in term of flim worldwide influence and  popularity,Avatar probably one of the most famous movie of all time

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I really can't picture Babylon receiving a Best Picture nomination when it has so much working against it at this point. The only thing keeping it in the conversation now is its pre-release buzz.

did you like it?

Just now, filmlover said:

I really can't picture Babylon receiving a Best Picture nomination when it has so much working against it at this point. The only thing keeping it in the conversation now is its pre-release buzz.

I personaly dont think box office performance should have any sway on whether a film wins best picture or not. Maybe if we are talking mega grosses like TGM and A2, and if those films are very good, and the academy wants to show they are intune with the masses, maybe then.

Having said that, is Babylon even good enough to be in the running anyway?

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Holy shit

It has collected data in 223 nation in the world,and the people who searched Avatar series is triple higher than Endgame when Endgame release,4 times higher than NWH when NWH peak time,I can’t even a movie can compare with Avatar’s Google trends

There are only 3 things I found it’s higher than Avatar peak trends line in the entire history:

Olympic Games

I don’t know what to say,but,just in term of flim worldwide influence and  popularity,Avatar probably one of the most famous movie of all time

Like i said the other week in reference to the 'cultural impact' nonsesne. Whether you love AVATAR, or hate it, people cant shut up about it.

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Holy shit

Olympic Games

Not what I see

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

did you like it?

Just now, stuart360 said:

Having said that, is Babylon even good enough to be in the running anyway?

I thought it was better than most of its detractors claim (even though it's undercooked and definitely far too long) but it's nothing we haven't really seen before. Honestly often feels like something that might've been embraced in another era. Either way, there are other movies this past year that would deserve the recognition more.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

EC is right though, if we tuned down entertainment options to 2009 levels, changed XR rate, then kept 2022 inflation, then undid covid, and undid russia war, then also made japan lose their way, we would be looking at 4 billies easy

Yes. Lemme take you back 3 years ago, when you were denying this was even a factor. I have a case of film that sold nearly 400M tickets worldwide in this era.

Japan loss is nothing but Japan doing a Japan. Films drop there, there is no inflation to pump the gross and Yen went from $1=80 to $1=130

That aside, undoing China COVID and undoing Russia war adds you may be $400-500M. $2.7B is best you can get.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

Not what I see

You compare google trends search Avatar 2,you’ll its line is almost triple to Endgame and Almost match with Donald Trump become US president and Michael Jackson’s death,pokemon Go release,2 times higher than Olympic games,Harry Potter at peak time only 3/1 of Avatar series peak time

Edited by Bruce

29 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i got the "they need to trim these under 3 hours" talk on opening weekend but the way things are going now Avatar 3 is probably going to be around 225 minutes.

Yeah, they really don’t need to trim them to below 3 hours (assuming the stories justify that kind of length). The running time of A2 clearly isn’t hurting it in the long run.

Now watch Avatar 3 be under 2 hours and cause the “run time police” to lose their minds like every time a Marvel film dares to be shorter than Endgame since 2019.

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yes. Lemme take you back 3 years ago, when you were denying this was even a factor. I have a case of film that sold nearly 400M tickets worldwide in this era.

Really got em in a bind with this one 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce said:

You compare google trends search Avatar 2,you’ll its line is almost triple to Endgame and Almost match with Donald Trump become US president and Michael Jackson’s death,pokemon Go release,2 times higher than Olympic games,Harry Potter at peak time only 3/1 of Avatar series peak time

Not what I see.

Edited by cookie

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I'm not sure what you're searching but none of these seem to be true for worldwide trends. 

Box office is one thing,Avatar’s worldwide influence is another thing,I never see one of the film’s Google trends is higher than Olympic Games and on par with election of US president,not even close,Avatar is the first one I see

And Avatar’s Google trends collection 223 regions data,This is also insane,means almost every country’s people on earth at least aware what Avatar is(For comps,Jurassic Park only have 143 nations data,Harry Potter collect 208 nations data,If we don’t compare movie,Olympic Games collected 238 nations data,Michael Jackson have 228 nations data and FIFA worldcup have 233 nations data,Trmup has 232 nations,Tom and Jerry have 172 nations,Bruce Lee have 191 nations and Jackie chan have 215 nations,Mike Tyson 220 nations)

For now,I think Maybe we really underwhelming this series worldwide influence

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Japan loss is nothing but Japan doing a Japan. Films drop there, there is no inflation to pump the gross and Yen went from $1=80 to $1=130

That aside, undoing China COVID and undoing Russia war adds you may be $400-500M. $2.7B is best you can get.

This is cringe strawman lmao, I never said XR wasn't a factor. I said Inflation + Market Growth would outweigh it. 3 Years ago was also before covid.

3 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Really got em in a bind with this one 🤣

not at all

8 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Me either. I see Google Trends worldwide with "Avatar" at a 74 between Dec 18-24 this year and "Avengers" at 100 between April 21-27, 2019. 

Comps with the main theme,not just the word search,Google trends have ’Avatar series’ theme,if you don’t theme but use words,a people search ‘buy Avatar ticket’ won’t count to ‘avatar’ single word

Edited by Bruce