Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Avatar 19.7, Puss 11.5, M3GAN 9.8, Missing 9.3, Otto 9

41 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Shyamalan confuses me to be honest. I cant fathom that the same guy that made Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense also made the worst movie of all time, namely The Last Airbender.

Directors are in fact human and can make bad movies. Plus Shyamalan has publicly mentioned he felt he was the wrong choice to direct the movie and likely had to deal with annoying studio execs on top of that, which is why he went the self-finance route in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Slay said:

Directors are in fact human and can make bad movies. Plus Shyamalan has publicly mentioned he felt he was the wrong choice to direct the movie and likely had to deal with annoying studio execs on top of that, which is why he went the self-finance route in the first place.

I didnt mean my post as an attack or anything on Shyamalan. In fact, i think knowing that directors that make amazing films can make a true stinker the next time humanizes them a lot. Another example would be Steven Spielberg with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Complete creative control, yet the film was pretty awful. It just goes to show like you said that were all human in the end.

• Like 1

I'm going to see Knock at the Cabin even if it gets After Earth-level reviews lol.

How does one say no to Dave Bautista getting his self-righteous villain on or Jonathan Groff leading a thriller like this or Rupert Grint proving there really is life after Ron Weasley after all?

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm going to see Knock at the Cabin even if it gets After Earth-level reviews lol.

How does one say no to Dave Bautista getting his self-righteous villain on or Jonathan Groff leading a thriller like this or Rupert Grint proving there really is life after Ron Weasley after all?

Ron Weasley Magic GIF by Harry Potter

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He is pretty good in Servant. I am sure he is in Knock at the Cabin because of Servant.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He is pretty good in Servant. I am sure he is in Knock at the Cabin because of Servant.

I hope he knocks it out of the Cabin in the film.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Complete creative control

This is often (but not always) the downfall. The push and pull of an artist’s vision vs studio’s desired commercialization often creates the best product. Too much of one or the other is where problems can begin 

26 minutes ago, stripe said:

When will we have reactions and reviews for KatC?

Seeing it on wednesday and have heard there will be an embargo so might be a couple of days until people can start dropping even social reactions.

4 hours ago, M37 said:

This is often (but not always) the downfall. The push and pull of an artist’s vision vs studio’s desired commercialization often creates the best product. Too much of one or the other is where problems can begin 

If you're referring to purely blockbuster/popcorn movies, then I can see this argument. But for the most part, don't trust  business guys to make creative decisions. That's not their skill.