GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

5 hours ago, exomassey said:

MCU is just turning into a more front-loaded franchise now.

It hasn’t helped with we have a new movie every 3 months and that most of them movies are poor.

Marvel is sort of fading away.

I think some oif the posts in this thread are getting a bit hyperbolic with the death of Marvel.

I mean pandemic or not, you cant keep churning out multiple films every year off the factory production line for 15 years or whatevrer it is, and not expect audiences to eventually start getting a bit tired of it all. In fact i'm surprised it didnt happen already.

You could argue thre signs were already there withe The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy videogames flopping hard, especialy The Avengers which came at the hight of Marvel movie popularity, or so it seemed.

Having said that, Marvel is still HUGE, and grosses may start being effected going forward but Marvel films, on the whole, are still going to pull big grosses, probably for years to come still.

13 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Iirc the Presidents' Day WE Fri is basically an off day for many schools. Last year NWH had its best Fri jump that friday. That combined with AM3 petering out and football frenzy being finally done with leads to strong holds across the board. 

If that's true then ant man Friday looks even worse

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

wow Puss finally overtook Avatar, fair play

Dunno about that. THU was 315k vs 525k for A2 and while Puss is having bigger FRI bumps, they have not been that much bigger. SAT jumps are about equal. We'll see, i guess...

• Like 1

A2 at that low point in its run where its probably going to have very small drops every week until it finishes its run. I'd say 690mil is very possible, maybe even 700mil, although that will still be very hard.

Puss in Boots is just crazy, it seems to be not effected by anyhting. The weekend it launches on DVD and BR, that weekend will probably go up too lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

For weekend drops for holdovers, you're replacing the equivalent of an awful weekend Sunday last weekend with a holiday weekend Sunday this weekend.  That's gonna help weekend-to-weekend drops for movies that aren't looking at huge showing/theater drops...

THIS!

why are people ignoring this?

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

"100m OW is disappointing because the budget is high"

Reasonable.

"100m OW is disappointing because expectations were high"

Not so reasonable.

The following behavior is strictly forbidden everywhere on the site: flame wars, trolling, deliberately provoking arguments, intentionally insulting others or yourself. . . you get the idea.

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

The following behavior is strictly forbidden everywhere on the site: flame wars, trolling, deliberately provoking arguments, intentionally insulting others or yourself. . . you get the idea.

What are you talking about? 

That was no where close to trolling.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

A2 at that low point in its run where its probably going to have very small drops every week until it finishes its run. I'd say 690mil is very possible, maybe even 700mil, although that will still be very hard.

Puss in Boots is just crazy, it seems to be not effected by anyhting. The weekend it launches on DVD and BR, that weekend will probably go up too lol.

It’s very frustrating, bc it will probably take a very high effort re-expansion push or else it will probably fall like 10m short. It held like 10-15% worse than I was expecting these prior 2 weekends or I think it woulda had it for sure.