kayumanggi

DUNE II | 395.8M overseas | 660.7M worldwide

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Film will released on March 15. You are looking at advance Screenings.

😀

Thank you, that makes a lot more sense.  For some reason, I thought it was releasing this week along with China.

8 hours ago, von Kenni said:

After the second international weekend I can dig up my Dune 1 stats on week by week and market by market performance to compare where this is heading internationally. +50%, +60%, +70% OS or something else. It's doing great in any case but the question is how great?

$400M, $450M, $500M OS?

After China OD, 700m++ is more or less around the final range lands. Being a Friday International Woman Day opener got presale inflated. Saturday's walk up so far is equally tepid as OD and now there is a slight chance that sequel could make less money than the first one, so don't expect China to do heavy lifting job here unless the WOM effect kicks in.

The West still chugging along very great. Italy's Friday was just 27% down from last week and Germany is looking for minimal 15-20% drop. No matter how, I don't expect overseas % to be much higher than 60%.  

• Like 3

Should be 25m weekdays and 60m weekend + 20m from China.

Europe probably 250-275m

South America + Oceania 50m

China 40m

SK 20m

Middle east 15m

Rest of asia 20m

Total 395-420m

Remove china debut, the holdover markets drop around 40% this session. Looks like the some meh holds in Asia or LATAM offset the great hold in European market.

to be frank I am not entirely certain if this can hit 700m, even knowing that Japan and Middle East are still on their way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Remove china debut, the holdover markets drop around 40% this session. Looks like the some meh holds in Asia or LATAM offset the great hold in European market.

to be frank I am not entirely certain if this can hit 700m, even knowing that Japan and Middle East are still on their way. 

I thought the same. I expected a 30% drop from holdovers countrys. Its doing great numbers, but clearly USA is overperforming (probably because of the day and day release of the original)

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Middle East are still on their way. 

Not sure about all region but Dune did release in some ME Countries

UAE - 54,911 admits ($1.0M)

Saudi Arabia - 49,005 admits ($921K)

Turkey - 117,034 admits ($714K)

Egypt - $83K (4,097,606 EGP)

• Like 1

Yeah I did expect a bit more out of OS with this. At this point just get past $400M OS and I'll be content. UK coming through with some nice numbers post OW at least. In fact, many markets are performing really well, above Part 1. But I expected some regions to improve more than they did. 

China has been pretty disappointing this weekend. Presales were strong, but not even that and stellar audience scores can bring in the Chinese public. 

Weird. 

Edited by ando

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Idk where the drops happened but here in Vietnam the thing dropped 1%. Essentially flat. It's like the biggest thing on social media right now.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Non-white audiences just don't seem to care for it. It would have been so interesting if they had cast Bollywood and MENA/Turkish stars in the Fremen and Corrino roles with the exception of Zendaya. Villeneuve could have been more creative with the casting.

Edited by Spidey Freak
PS. Still think 600-650M WW is fire for a Dune film.

Markets that saw good drops include France (-17%), Germany (-19%), Taiwan (-22%), Brazil (-23%), Holland (-23%), Spain (-27%), Australia (-29%), Italy (-32%), UK (-34%), Hong Kong (-34%), New Zealand (-34%), Singapore (-34%) and Philippines (-35%).

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Idk where the drops happened but here in Vietnam the thing dropped 1%. Essentially flat. It's like the biggest thing on social media right now.

Turning back to Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: Part Two, the sci-fi epic added $81M from 72 international markets, just a 36% drop in the holdovers. The overseas cume is now $210.5M, putting global on its way to the four-century mark, currently with $367.5M through Sunday.

Elsewhere, of the 72 released overseas markets, the film ranked as the No. 1 in 57 and as the top U.S. title in 60.

Markets that saw good drops include France (-17%), Germany (-19%), Taiwan (-22%), Brazil (-23%), Holland (-23%), Spain (-27%), Australia (-29%), Italy (-32%), UK (-34%), Hong Kong (-34%), New Zealand (-34%), Singapore (-34%) and Philippines (-35%).

In IMAX, the sci-fi epic dipped by just 15% globally, with $27.7M from 1,600 screens. The overseas portion of that is $16.6M, down only 25% across the markets that opened last weekend. The international cume climbed to $35.8M and global is $72.4M or 20% of the worldwide cume to date.

weekdays better than i thought, weekend is expected seems like 425-450m still possible. 440m OS and 285m dom is my prediction. 

725m total. 

Edited by RJP