kayumanggi

DUNE II | 395.8M overseas | 660.7M worldwide

9 hours ago, cannastop said:

Dune 2 will have a modest debut this weekend in Japan. Don't really know if it will be #1, but I guess IMAX will help the gross.

Dune did not do well in Japan even in an environment where covid was fairly irrelevant so I'm not sure why anyone would expect any different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Dune did not do well in Japan even in an environment where covid was fairly irrelevant so I'm not sure why anyone would expect any different.

That also does not surprise me 

Third weekend drops were terrific in a number of markets including Holland (-24%), Singapore (-24%), Sweden (-25%), Germany (-27%), Norway (-29%), Austria (-30%), New Zealand (-31%), Finland (-32%), Taiwan (-32%), Thailand (-32%), Korea (-33%), UK, (-34%), Belgium (-34%), Denmark (-34%), Philippines (-34%), Australia (-35%), Poland (-36%), Hong Kong (-37%) and Brazil (-37%).

Shot in IMAX, the movie has now grossed $104M globally in the format; the 15th IMAX title to surpass the milestone and the 7th fastest to do so. The international total for the weekend was $11.4M for a cume to date of $54M. In China, the weekend in IMAX was $3.6M, representing a massive 35.5% of the total there and pushing the cume in the market to $12.3M. In Japan, 50 IMAX screens generated a fantastic 45% of the opening weekend total ($1.7M).

• Like 6

acc numbers those are the ~ up-to-date countries

Australia

$17,900,000

China

$44,300,000

France

$31,800,000

Germany

$29,300,000

United Kingdom  

$38,800,000