interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Awful. All I see on social media is Florence Pugh’s name up in lights and trending. Yet those ‘fans’ clearly don’t translate into ticket buyers - or more likely translate to a few hundred thousand fan accounts for clicks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

what rumours though? Or are we taking the word of basement dwellers on Twitter as sources Disney should have consulted before giving him the gig? 

The arrest and allegations themselves from this weekend are alarming, no question.  If proven, then the consequences are inevitable for his career. 

There’s no evidence to substantiate anything else being said at this time though. 

Some of them are saying that Majors was known to have been "bad" before the arrest. Meaning he may not have been vetted well. He was very abruptly pushed.

2 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Some of them are saying that Majors was known to have been "bad" before the arrest. Meaning he may not have been vetted well. He was very abruptly pushed.

I could say that though and post it on Twitter. That’s what I’m saying. Who cares what people are writing. They likely know absolutely nothing.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I could say that though and post it on Twitter. That’s what I’m saying. Who cares what people are writing. They likely know absolutely nothing.  

For real. Anyone can start blind items about any celebrity on Twitter (and yell "I was right!" for the first name that shows up that fits their narrative). Best not to give them what they want (which is attention).

• Like 4

Majors have worked with some of the biggest studios and directors and actors in the game today. I am pretty sure if his behavior was a problem it would be well known. Y'all really need to stop believing everything you read on Twitter. 

• ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Awful. All I see on social media is Florence Pugh’s name up in lights and trending. Yet those ‘fans’ clearly don’t translate into ticket buyers - or more likely translate to a few hundred thousand fan accounts for clicks. 

Would the Pugh fans want to support the movie directed by Zach Braff? Their split was very amicable and she's had nothing but great things to say about him during the PR tour. She's personally done more to promote A Good Person vs Don't Worry Darling (lol), though the latter obviously got more overall publicity/hype. Anyway, Florence fans really hated her dating Braff and might see going to their movie as "supporting grooming" or whatever (they met when she was in her twenties but online Gen Z is super hung up on "age appropriate" couples). 

I don't disagree that Pugh may just have a big online following who'll post fancams all day but won't buy tickets just for her. Chalamet seems similar to a degree.

12 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

But who are ”them”? Are they people who knew Majors or the victim? Do they have connections in the industry? It’s very easy to just make shit up on twitter with no proof or way to verify it, and it’s very annoying how people who ironically talk about a lack of vetting seem to take all of that at face value.

• Like 4