interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think CREED III has been holding pretty well especially considering the competition.

CREED (had a 5-day OW)

49.4% weekend 2

32.5% weekend 3

50.5% weekend 4

CREED II (had a 5-day OW)

53.2% weekend 2

40.0% weekend 3

46.0% weekend 4

CREED III

53.3% weekend 2

43.6% weekend 3

45.6% weekend 4 (estimate)

Yeah it has been doing very well considering it has been hit with a big movie each week following it's release.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Shazam might not even reach 60m 

It's at $46.306M after a $9.7M weekend following all PLF loss...in what world on this planet does it not reach $60M?  Even if it wouldn't naturally WB would push it there.

The question is will the Easter breaks give WB the ability to push it to $70M...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

don't want to out myself as a gossip hound but there was this tweet from about a month ago and a lot of people thought it was about Majors

mhph4i2hj0qa1.jpeg?width=320&crop=smart&

I can understand thirst tweets over MBJ but thirst tweets over Majors is bit unexpected for me

I'm not defending Majors at all and feel awful for the woman. It's terrible. I will say that the sudden surge of tweets that are like "Us in the Yale community knew ALL ALONG" are fucking weird and annoying. Maybe you should have brought this up in the two years where he was becoming a mega star? Did you guys learn nothing from Weinstein? Majors very possibly did an awful thing and it needs to be explored with empathy for that poor woman, but I'm not going to believe it because some whiny white dude from Yale tweeted how he knew about this and his "solidarity with his victims." I'm a gossip hound like Coolio so also saw that tweet but there was alot of pressure even then for dude to name someone if he knew something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not defending Majors at all and feel awful for the woman. It's terrible. I will say that the sudden surge of tweets that are like "Us in the Yale community knew ALL ALONG" are fucking weird and annoying. Maybe you should have brought this up in the two years where he was becoming a mega star? Did you guys learn nothing from Weinstein? Majors very possibly did an awful thing and it needs to be explored with empathy for that poor woman, but I'm not going to believe it because some whiny white dude from Yale tweeted how he knew about this and his "solidarity with his victims." I'm a gossip hound like Coolio so also saw that tweet but there was alot of pressure even then for dude to name someone if he knew something.

The problem with this is you get a Saville or a Weinstein where everyone knows for years they are a bad-un. And then after the fact people are astonished that nobody comes forward...except what most people have heard are RUMOURS. The people who are abused feel powerless, have generally been gaslit, have  false sense of loyalty and in many cases hate the scrutiny and naval-gazing that comes with accusing someone.

Because for every Saville or Weinstein where everyone piles on and the system works, there are several examples of people making life absolute HELL for their accusers and use every hole in the system to take advantage of "innocent until found guilty" (and of course innocent until found guilty is the best system anyone has).

I work tangentially to the UK acting scene and know several names who "everyone knows" are awful people, abusers or otherwise nightmares to work with. But could I eve accuse them of everything? Do I have any proof? No.

And the public reaction to the Heard/Depp case is RIGHT THERE for people to see just how automatically the "defend the person that people like" instinct actually is. Ignore your personal opinion on that for a moment, take note - every if you're a Depp defender - of just how much people, in many cases automatically, DESPISE the awkward, unpopular one and LOVE the charismatic popular one in a situation where, objectively speaking, both of them were pretty clearly as terrible people as each other (except one was twenty years older and the other ones hero when they got together). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sadly, you can't name someone if victims won't come forward and report or speak up unless you want to be on the hook for defamation and the ruination of your career or you cause victims to be named who didn't want to come forward.  Even then for most to believe or have any affect it it takes more than one and takes a lot of courage to be the first.  Look how many had to come out over Weinstein, Cosby, Spacey and for many it still wasn't enough.  There were multiple complaints and video evidence against R Kelly with a 14 yr old and he was still untouchable for the 20+ years it took to imprison him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

The problem with this is you get a Saville or a Weinstein where everyone knows for years they are a bad-un. And then after the fact people are astonished that nobody comes forward...except what most people have heard are RUMOURS. The people who are abused feel powerless, have generally been gaslit, have  false sense of loyalty and in many cases hate the scrutiny and naval-gazing that comes with accusing someone.

Because for every Saville or Weinstein where everyone piles on and the system works, there are several examples of people making life absolute HELL for their accusers and use every hole in the system to take advantage of "innocent until found guilty" (and of course innocent until found guilty is the best system anyone has).

I work tangentially to the UK acting scene and know several names who "everyone knows" are awful people, abusers or otherwise nightmares to work with. But could I eve accuse them of everything? Do I have any proof? No.

And the public reaction to the Heard/Depp case is RIGHT THERE for people to see just how automatically the "defend the person that people like" instinct actually is. Ignore your personal opinion on that for a moment, take note - every if you're a Depp defender - of just how much people, in many cases automatically, DESPISE the awkward, unpopular one and LOVE the charismatic popular one in a situation where, objectively speaking, both of them were pretty clearly as terrible people as each other (except one was twenty years older and the other ones hero when they got together). 

I totally understand why victims of abuse don't speak out and this is well said (though I don't agree with Heard being any more terrible than any of us if we had our entire private lives exposed, Depp is an abusive creep whose insane cult lied about the facts). The issue I'm speaking to is the journalists and influencers and gossip hounds who always seem to hint around things without actually doing anything. I know awful people I have not spoken about in my life in politics. I'm going to admit that. But I don't chase clout by making subliminal tweets about them or saying how I always knew if anything comes to light. That's the part I don't like. Don't claim you have the knowledge and tools but present it in an annoying, let's play a game way. Either stay out of it or say something real.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

I thought Scream 6 was ruddy awful but no doubt that its box office returns are excellent and that the run of Creed, Scream, Wick has been exceedingly successful.

Shazam is really sad as a story. Absolutely sold down the swanee. Saw it yesterday and while not great it was absolutely fine, bordering on above average. I'm not the first to say this but it REALLY needed to be marketed at families. What on earth it was doing using an Eminem track in the trailers, for instance, is completely beyond me - not even vaguely of the tone of the film. Aquaman and Blue Beetle in trouble too.

I'm not sure at this point if we aren't making enough of just how financially disastrous the DCEU has been if one considers the amount of money it could have made in the same timescale from just releasing, say, 3 mediocre standalone Superman films and 5 standalone Batman films. I know it does get bagged on and all for its creative choices but as a business proposition it has surely been even more of a debacle. And I don't see how, while it may get creatively better, it stands any chance of getting any better from a business perspective.

Please, please, please, please, please can Dungeons and Dragons do well. Been a long time (okay, well since Puss) since I've really wanted a property to get its dues to this degree. They have CLEARLY done this the right way and in the right spirit, please let it pay off.

• Like 7