interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I was going to say the lawyer paid her off but if they have video evidence then the internet owes this man a apology.

If the video evidence shows that he hasn't assaulted her, then the lady should be punished for falsely accusing him.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Next weekend will be close, but right now I'm thinking 35M for John Wick and 33M for DND. If WOM kicks into overdrive from these early screenings I could see 40M happening for DND.

Creed 3 had the same Atom deal and dropped 53% against Scream 6, even while it kept PLFs.

I believe JW3 loses PLFs as well as the deal, so I can't imagine a drop better or on par than Creed 3...

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Sued also.

Dude was about to clean up in Hollywood.

Considering no video has still been released, even though it was promised yesterday, I have a feeling the "real" video will never be seen.

This case reminds me of that young couple driving across the US, where the cops weren't sure if the man or woman was the domestic (since the woman had scratched the guy), and thought the woman was nuts...but instead, she was long-term abused, and got killed by the guy days later...

• Like 3

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Considering no video has still been released, even though it was promised yesterday, I have a feeling the "real" video will never be seen.

This case reminds me of that young couple driving across the US, where the cops weren't sure if the man or woman was the domestic (since the woman had scratched the guy), and thought the woman was nuts...but instead, she was long-term abused, and got killed by the guy days later...

You think the NYPD is going to let things slide with video evidence?

Is it possible that Major's was falsely accused?

Historically it wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The video if it exists needs to convince the prosecutor to drop the charges if Majors wants a quick victory.

The longer this goes on the worst it looks for Majors.

Not surprised Disney hasn't fired him yet, they probably decided to wait and see the outcome first. They clearly don't want to be like that time they jumped the gun on firing James Gunn. How embrassing was that!

• Like 1

I was at a domestic last week. Guy in his 60's, saying his wife has been beating him for years and he's got issues with mobility and says the abuse extends into all forms (emotional and psychological, financial and overall neglect). Then the wife says he hit her not long before we got there and had the bruises to go with it. And that's not an uncommon situation...

Honestly, domestic abuse is such a shit-show that even when there's hard evidence for one particular occurrence, the history behind tends to be long and at times complicated. That's why, beyond the glib talk of how this impacts the MCU, it's probably best to refrain from jumping to any sort of conclusions. Maybe he assaulted her. Maybe she's nuts. Maybe they have a history of mutual abuse and a destructive relationship. The truth behind this particular incident may come out soon, but understanding the full situation may not actually happen at all. But I do hope everyone takes the investigation seriously.

• Like 11

Back to box office related news, I'm surprised @CJohn isn't losing his mind over the fact Lionsgate is having a better 2023 so far than WB is so far. :lol: Never give up hope for your favorite flops!

That probably won't last for too much longer though comparing their slates for the remainder of the year but still, pretty good for Lionsgate after they barely put out anything in all of 2022. This is their slate for the rest of the year:

4/28: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

5/26: All About My Father

6/16: The Blackening

7/7: Joy Ride

8/18: White Bird: A Wonder Story

9/22: The Expendables 4

10/27: Saw

11/17: Hunger Games

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Back to box office related news, I'm surprised @CJohn isn't losing his mind over the fact Lionsgate is having a better 2023 so far than WB is so far. :lol: Never give up hope for your favorite flops!

That probably won't last for too much longer though comparing their slates for the remainder of the year but still, pretty good for Lionsgate after they barely put out anything in all of 2022. This is their slate for the rest of the year:

4/28: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

5/26: All About My Father

6/16: The Blackening

7/7: Joy Ride

8/18: White Bird: A Wonder Story

9/22: The Expendables 4

10/27: Saw

11/17: Hunger Games

I think that slate may end up being better than what Sony has on deck for this year.

Summer: Spiderverse, No Hard Feelings, Harold and the Purple Crayon, Gran Turismo.

Fall - Equalizer 3, Kraven the Hunter

Winter - Ghostbusters Afterlife Sequel 

Especially if Ghostbusters gets delayed.

56 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

He just couldn't help himself

Man Furious 7 came out 8 years ago.

Wtf man, why does time fly so fast.

Edited by Brainbug

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Thinking  the final Fast will end with Dom dying and CGI Walker will be there at the funeral 

Dom is still alive but he sees visions of the Force Ghosts of Paul, Han, and The Rock around the charred remains of his Dodge Charger as the remaining family party with a bunch of tree sloths and YUB JUB plays.