Eric is Quiet

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

I get a feeling his contract wont be extended again. He is paid too much for crappy performance. At this point he does not have another big acquisition in his pocket. Already they are sitting on about 50B in debt due to FOX acquisition. That will take eons to pay off if it will ever pay off. 

Edited by keysersoze123

November is already pretty packed even without Dune with movies that seem more adamant about keeping their dates (The Marvels, Hunger Games, Trolls, Wish, Napoleon) so there's no tears to be shed for that month having a little more breathing room now. One of those movies would be wise to pounce on November 3 soon.

Also, following the delay, the December trio of Wonka/Aquaman 2/Color Purple that seem confirmed to be staying in this year at this point will be WB's first releases since Nun 2 in early September. That should put the kibosh on the silly handwringing over why these three high-profile movies aimed at different audiences are being released in such a short window since the marketing department will have plenty of resources at their disposal (possibly more if AMPTP grows a brain cell and ends the strike sooner than later).

On 7/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, Jonwo said:

I could see films that were planned for streaming move to theatrical release like Mean Girls The Musical which Paramount is missing a trick not releasing it for April next year in time for the 20th anniversary. 

A SAG strike will cause disruption but anyone thinking it'll last forever is being stupid.

Just got an email saying that Mean Girls is being test screened, in theaters. That almost never happens for streaming movies. Paramount definitely want to gauge the reception and potentially move it to theatrical.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Are Studios really going to drag this over to the next year? 

The AMPTP's most recent guild has secured these strikes bleeding well into next year. The Dune 2 delay was the cherry on top.

Hopefully the inevitable "worst fall season in 25 years" headlines will motivate Hollywood to finally end this, but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I get a feeling his contract wont be extended again. He is paid too much for crappy performance. At this point he does not have another big acquisition in his pocket. Already they are sitting on about 50B in debt due to FOX acquisition. That will take eons to pay off if it will ever pay off. 

Seeing how his plan was to retire already and there's been talk he's already looking for a succesor I think ideally he doesn't want his contract extended. 

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The AMPTP's most recent guild has secured these strikes bleeding well into next year. The Dune 2 delay was the cherry on top.

Hopefully the inevitable "worst fall season in 25 years" headlines will motivate Hollywood to finally end this, but I doubt it.

I still doubt both go thru the end of January the government would step in LONG before that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 21C said:

Seeing how his plan was to retire already and there's been talk he's already looking for a succesor I think ideally he doesn't want his contract extended. 

The contract extension is only until 2026, more than enough time for a turnaround and find a successor. 

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Sunshine and lollipops as always... 🙄

• Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

All their big acquisitions have been disasters. Not sure what they have actually done with FOX other then see it’s output collapse. Likewise Lucas am still convinced I’d struggling to make a return. Not to mention the success of his ‘hand picked’ successor.

Disney need to get someone like Zaslav in to just tear it apart. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Doubt fall is worse than last year tbh

So far the following fall movies have been delayed to 2024 (not counting stuff like Poor Things which changed their dates but are staying in this year):

Challengers

Drive-Away Dolls

Kraven the Hunter

Dune: Part Two

Ghostbusters

Will these be the last delays? Maybe, maybe not.

I dunno about everyone else but from where I'm sitting, it appears as if they actually do need flesh and blood actors more than they need CGI ones.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Joel Kinnaman Space GIF by Apple TV+

Most of you celebrated his return last year LOL if anyone thought the company would be turned around by now, they're very foolish. 

• Like 1