Eric Prime

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

83h9ms.jpg

Nobody 👏

Knows 👏

ANYTHING 👏

(this still could be done within 48 hours or so, and I'd stand by the Tap The Sign meme)

((In fact I might even place a bet on it being done within 48-72 as being more likely than not and I'd still stand by this))

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it appears at least younger actors did not follow sag guidelines for Halloween , but if its not October 31st  , they didn't break the rules, right ?

This buddy definitely wouldn't break the rule cuz nobody know he's RP.

FPSG45HWYAUKaty.jpg:large

Edited by Gavin Feng

Hope we get the news today if the deal is going through.Studios hopefully have seen sense. Wouldn't be surprised at a lot of news being announced/revealed soon after in next few weeks of castings etc. 

Fantastic 4 castings to take attention away from Marvels bombing probably makes sense for example.

6 minutes ago, jking123 said:

Hope we get the news today if the deal is going through.Studios hopefully have seen sense. Wouldn't be surprised at a lot of news being announced/revealed soon after in next few weeks of castings etc. 

Fantastic 4 castings to take attention away from Marvels bombing probably makes sense for example.

Not sure it's possible to take attention away from that. Every website will be writing an article on superhero fatigue and the death of the MCU.

Getting close, I'd say mid-week probably the target but there's no a hugely tangible difference between Tuesday and Friday. What will be worth watching, if it does happen, is if the timeline is aligned to allow promotion on talk shows, social media etc to start up on Monday the 6th for movies like Marvels and Hunger Games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Getting close, I'd say mid-week probably the target but there's no a hugely tangible difference between Tuesday and Friday. What will be worth watching, if it does happen, is if the timeline is aligned to allow promotion on talk shows, social media etc to start up on Monday the 6th for movies like Marvels and Hunger Games.

Pretty sure that late embargo for Marvels on 11/7 is that being the latest date they planned to have the Hollywood premiere in hopes the stars would attend so if there is a deal done by the middle of the week that would allow them to kick off promotion in full for that and other movies ASAP.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don’t think promotion for Marvels really matters at this point. Might help a little, but not enough to save it. 

The first movies where cast-promotion really matters in my opinion are Trolls 3 (NSYNC) and Napoleon (Phoenix is well-known, sure his name alone can't draw big budgeted movies to profitable, but no actor can)

That said, being the first movie with cast promotion would give Marvels a monopoly on the medium, let us see if it makes any sort of dent.

So I was curious as to what ol' Popping Bottles had to say:

That's.... that's something alright.  It's his only comments he's made this weekend about the negotiations, BTW. At least on Twitter.

(mind, I do think the light at the end of the tunnel is fast approaching — but I've seen too many deal collapse at the metaphorical five yard line to ever conflate "done deal", "all but done deal" and "tremendous progress made" with each other, as they're all different things)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1