Eric is Anxious

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

9 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Welp, I genuinely think SAG needs to close that loophole because the fact they don't have anyone from the SAG approved Hunger Games movie, and instead have two actors from WB movies that cannot be mentioned (all while WB can purchase ad-space and do their own marketing), is embarrassing.

SAG have already got into bother over being too strict with their guidance so I think it won't be closed anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

SAG have already got into bother over being too strict with their guidance so I think it won't be closed anytime soon.

Many actors ignored the SAG Halloween costume ban, and I don't see SAG ever punishing anyone over it because it was so stupid.

• Like 1

These SNL bookings were likely locked in months ago. Viola hasn’t wanted to do anything despite getting interim agreements so that was likely a no go. Rachel Zegler isn’t a big star with a hit to her name. I dunno about Dinklage, maybe he just doesn’t want to do it either.

Edited by babz06

17 minutes ago, Derpity said:

I think we're either going to get a quick end to the strike, i.e. an accepted deal tonight or else it's a very bad sign.

Sounds like a "NO" to me. Why take 12 hours to craft a response?

SAG-AFTRA's negotiating committee spent nearly 12 hours on Sunday crafting its response to the AMPTP's "last, best and final" offer.

20 minutes ago, Derpity said:

I think we're either going to get a quick end to the strike, i.e. an accepted deal tonight or else it's a very bad sign.

So basically the same crap that's been going on for weeks now.

Someone keeps saying it's over, then a few posts later someone says we don't know anything.

Plenty of us warned that it was never over, FWIW.

Also, we knew that they were going to counter for a couple of days now - the real question is if AMPTP rejects the counter and walks away or if they get past sticking points and accept it. Either way, yes I think we now will know fairly quickly if this is ending.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So basically the same crap that's been going on for weeks now.

Someone keeps saying it's over, then a few posts later someone says we don't know anything.

The WGA strike ended approximately 36 hours after the WGA received AMPTP's "best and final offer." It is actually a very good sign for an ending, bc it means that SAG can probably make a few small tweaks, send it back, and AMPTP accepts and everyone rejoices.

So if we exit a time period where the SAG does not respond quickly, and the AMPTP does not instantly accept whatever they send back, this is a REAL BAD sign and we could be in for a long slog. SAG right now has a choice of sending back a small counter and ending the strike, or a large counter and prolonging this. That is probably why there is so much internal debate.

SAG-AFTRA intends to counter AMPTP's 'best and final' offer

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/sag-aftra-intends-counter-amptps-best-final-offer-rcna123883

SAG-AFTRA and Hollywood's studios may be back to the negotiating table.

After 116 days on strike, the union representing Hollywood's 160,000 actors plans to counter several points in the deal put forth by the studios and streamers over the weekend, NBC has learned from four sources familiar with the discussions.

Edited by Maggie

10 minutes ago, MovieMagic said:

Another message from Natalia (member of the negotiating committee). Not sure what it means.

https://x.com/hereisnatalia/status/1721645509197373915?s=46&t=wMBhEe54n401F6TKB_JL-g

I feel like a message like this would not be neccessary if they would take a deal (with maybe a few minor tweaks). So I'm expecting this to drag on longer and will be pleasantly suprised if I'm wrong.