Eric Prime

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

13 minutes ago, Eric the Creator said:

Not speaking for everybody, but I've used the RT score more as a "this % is the likelihood you will like this movie". So a 90% isn't a "9/10", it's a "90% chance it's at least a 6/10".

That's the healthier way to look at is, yes. 90% of the critics thought it worthwhile.

It's just that we spend so much of our lives at school that when we see a number from 0 to 100, our mind just associate value to it based on grades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squire said:

Rotten Tomatoes has really ruined how people look at reviews.

This movie is getting good reviews overall, but because it’s RT score is under 90% so much of the chatter is “The Creator’s not great.” And this happens for a lot of movies. If a movie isn’t as great as Oppenheimer or Spiderverse, it sucks. 

I think we were better off before review aggregation sites. Too many people rely on them instead of watching a movie and making their own opinion. 

I would word it differently. If a movie isn't as well reviewed as Oppenheimer or Spiderverse, it sucks.

Edited by Elessar
  • Thanks 1

The movie is getting a slightly love or hate situation, where the actual average is pretty good because the people who liked it, like it a lot, but the % a little lower than usual for the average 

Kinda like Avatar 2 that have a 76% but a 7.2 average

The Creator is sitting at 78% with a 7.3 average 

But yeah this is pretty good i don’t know why anyone would see this and think it’s not well received. 

6 hours ago, Squire said:

Valencia is basically proving my point about how RT scores have skewed people’s perception of whether a movie is “good” or not. 

Gladiator has an 80% on RT. I’m sure for most people that movie is not a “B-“ of a film. 

I knew a man once who said 'Rottentomatoes smiles at us all, all a movie can do is smile back'

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Still creamy how this only cost 80 million yet look 10x better than anything we got this summer. Money very well spent.

That is why this is my top pick for Best VFX winner next year at the Oscar. Last year A2 had a landslide won but this year Best VFX should be a lot more competitive. My top 5 picks for this year so far are the Creator, MI7, GOTG3 (one obligatory spot for MCU every year), DnD and Napelon. But I must say outside of the Creator, none of the rest seem like a locked.  

9 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Top critic already slip to rotten zone, dragging down overall score down to 73%. Unlikely we will see this certified fresh. 

It won´t, it´s divisive for some reason considering while it´s at 72% it still with 7/10 average.

I just saw a 2/10 calling it IA propaganda which is kinda laughable

Not that it matters, people who liked it loved it, and it won´t get rotten anyway neither mixed on MC

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I just saw a 2/10 calling it IA propaganda which is kinda laughable

While reviews will obviously always be subjective, it’s kinda wild that someone who describes themselves as a professional critic would give such a review to a movie. It does sound laughable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

While reviews will obviously always be subjective, it’s kinda wild that someone who describes themselves as a professional critic would give such a review to a movie. It does sound laughable 

Yeah, i mean i didn´t watched the movie but i´m sure there´s something more to it than saying ´´uh oh good IA everyone shut up´´ 

I read some others saying it reminds them of something written by chatGPT, not because it´s bad, but because it have empathy towards robots and some kind of nihilist view of the human race lol 

70% now ... well maybe it will get rotten despite the pretty good average score 

It´s unusual but i´m starting to think it´ll happen, the drop simply isn´t stopping, which is wildly unusual for a movie with 140 reviews, last time it happened was with WW84 that ended up rotten