Eric Burnett

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This… I actually agree with. I2 was honestly one of the lamest things I’ve ever seen for being a blatant inferior rehash of the first film that Bird teased us with for 15 years claiming “it will happen when I have the right idea for it” nonsense. Clearly what he meant was “when I finally breakdown to all the flashing $$$.” That movie never got anywhere near as dragged through the mud for its laziness as it deserves, and the critical reception is a total joke based purely on brand loyalty/nostalgia goggles.

Mario on the other hand is flimsy in its plot, but an absolute love letter to the games. You can tell the people who made it had immense passion for the IP they put into it. I can’t imagine any big Mario game fan not having a smile on their face for most of that movie. Far more than I can say about I2. And yeah, if you don’t like Mario games all that much, the movie really isn’t for you. It’s that simple. 

It didn't help that it's release got moved up earlier. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that but that's what I have heard multiple times)

Just now, John Marston said:

Yeah Incredibles 2 doesn’t hold up that good. Neither does Toy Story 4 to be honest 

I actually refuse to accept Toy Story 4 as a sequel - it is so bad compared to its predecessors, I don't taint the best trilogy of all time by acknowledging its existence.

Forky should be broken into a million pieces and melted...

I'm only half kidding:)...Toys 4 was the Ant Man 3 of Pixar...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Less than $300 million domestic for GOTG3 is very possible or even likely!?!?!

likely. It has one week to make up ground before May 19th. Even with great WOM there is just to much competition and not enough people interested in GOTG3 it seems.

Edited by PrinceRico

No hate to the haters of TS4, but they're wrong. It is genuinely a great movie. Sure, I was against it in concept. How dare they tarnish the perfect ending of TS3 for some easy money?

But Pixar's secret weapon has always been their screenplays. TS4 isn't just a well-written animated comedy; it proves that there is still more to say about growing up even after you have "grown up." Wonderful storytelling from some of the best storytellers in the world. Is it as good or iconic as the first 3? Probably not, but it's a wonderful film on its own.

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

TS4 is a great movie and i firmly believe anyone who hates it just doesn’t manage to watch a franchise going beyond nostalgia or stablished rules without freaking out 

I think is good but The trilogy is so much better.

pixar must let it go TS for a while

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think is good but The trilogy is so much better.

pixar must let it go TS for a while

I have a hard time choosing which ones was better beyond 3 which is the best one 

I found 1 and 2 more fun to watch but 4 have a maturity and such a well written argument about changing that really resonate with me. 

I do think TS5 is a bad idea tho, it screams cash grab 

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Guardians 3 pretty easily the best Marvel movie since Black Panther and one of their best ever. Three of the top four MCU movies are Guardians movies. Someone should hand over the keys to their entire superhero universe over to this James Gunn guy.

So much Russo-Forky-Incredibles 2 slander in one thread. :gold: