kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

Definitely feeling like the summer winner will be between GoTG Vol 3, Little Mermaid, Spider-Verse (If those pre-sales hold), and on the outlier/off-chance Indy 5 now. Barbie could maybe surprise but I'm still thinking 100-200 for it and Oppenheimer honestly.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

He came up in Troma, edgy jokes was his MO. Who cares about a few jokes he made 10+ years ago?

It wasn't a few jokes and it was way more than just some fleeting comments that he made. If you want to screenshot of what he said I've got them on my computer. Hollywood has a pedophile problem and he's definitely part of the problem.

• Knock It Off 1

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse but reading over this entire thread, evil Dead's gross was discussed in relation to scream number six. And this just proves the point that I and a few others have been making in regards to have Campbell's demands. Evil dead has a bigger international audience than scream does. Assuming Nev Campbell wanted something in the $10 million dollar range, and I don't know what the actual number is, nobody does. But assuming she did you can see why the producers were not on board with that. Scream has never been a massive worldwide box office success. So why bend over backwards to accommodate her? If the number was 10 million she was asking for that basically means the movie has to gross an extra 20 million dollars to make up for that salary. I'm glad the producers held firm and looked at it from a strictly business point of view.

• Like 2

And one random thought about the NHL playoffs. I love hockey, I think it's the greatest sport in the world. The NHL is a garbage fucking league. There is one game being played tonight and that's Vegas versus edmonton. And what do they do? They have it starting at 10:00 Eastern standard time. Why not do what the NFL does? You have it start at a time when everybody can watch it. I've got to be up for work at 4:00 a.m., there's not a chance in hell I'm watching a single minute of the Edmonton game tonight. However if it started at 8:00 p.m., I could at least watch the first couple periods.

And here's two more random thoughts. I watched Megan finally and to say the movie disturbed me is an understatement. It starts off kind of slow and it's not overly disturbing or scary up until about halfway through. But once Megan starts doing Megan things, it really left me on edge.

And then a few days ago I watched the James Wan directed Malignant. Lots of gore, lots of violence and one of the biggest holy shit shocking moments in any horror film. I really enjoyed malignant and I'd recommend it to anybody who's looking for maybe a little bit of a different horror movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I think all people are weird to a degree.

Look at how easily voters on both sides forgive creepy behavior from both major presidential candidates.

Yep. "It's ok when our guy does that" seems to be a common mentality for both sides.

34 minutes ago, baumer said:

It wasn't a few jokes and it was way more than just some fleeting comments that he made. If you want to screenshot of what he said I've got them on my computer. Hollywood has a pedophile problem and he's definitely part of the problem.

Yeah I’ve seen pictures of him dressed as a priest at a party. Guess what? That doesn’t mean he’s a pedophile.

You guys gotta get over this PizzaGate-like obsession with everyone in Hollywood being pedophiles. Talk about snowflakes.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Yeah I’ve seen pictures of him dressed as a priest at a party. Guess what? That doesn’t mean he’s a pedophile.

You guys gotta get over this PizzaGate-like obsession with everyone in Hollywood being pedophiles. Talk about snowflakes.

I'm not talking about that stuff. A simple Google search will allow you to find it. And this has nothing to do with pizza gate. Pedophilia and Harvey Weinstein types have been around Hollywood since it's inception.

Just now, baumer said:

I'm not talking about that stuff. A simple Google search will allow you to find it. And this has nothing to do with pizza gate. Pedophilia and Harvey Weinstein types have been around Hollywood since it's inception.

There’s been heavy rumors about Spielberg being a pedophile since E.T, you think he’s one too?

There was investigation around James Gunn , the lack of things beyond tweets is what make him got DC work and come back to Marvel 

They didn’t find anything beyond an attwhore that apologize for it many times even before that, It’s time to get over it 

Thinking someone with that type of exposition would came back on the top of his game in a post me-too industry if the allegations was true is naive to say at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

that seems like a weird thing to keep on your computer 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse but reading over this entire thread, evil Dead's gross was discussed in relation to scream number six. And this just proves the point that I and a few others have been making in regards to have Campbell's demands. Evil dead has a bigger international audience than scream does. Assuming Nev Campbell wanted something in the $10 million dollar range, and I don't know what the actual number is, nobody does. But assuming she did you can see why the producers were not on board with that. Scream has never been a massive worldwide box office success. So why bend over backwards to accommodate her? If the number was 10 million she was asking for that basically means the movie has to gross an extra 20 million dollars to make up for that salary. I'm glad the producers held firm and looked at it from a strictly business point of view.

Totally agree with you.

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

Definitely feeling like the summer winner will be between GoTG Vol 3, Little Mermaid, Spider-Verse (If those pre-sales hold), and on the outlier/off-chance Indy 5 now. Barbie could maybe surprise but I'm still thinking 100-200 for it and Oppenheimer honestly.

You don't think MI7 can exceed the franchise's apparent ceiling this year with Tom Cruise hot off TGM and China finally returning to Hollywood movies? The movie also has basically all of July and August to run with not much direct competition until Meg 2 (INT). The one issue is Oppenheimer and PLF's.

Edited by Austin

2 hours ago, XXR Anti-Hero said:

I'm not saying today is for sure going over $21M but I am saying that if I was forced to make a bet right now on O/U 21, I would take the over. 

So GOTG3's first day over 2 was likely Sunday after just barely missing it on Thursday, not bad.

• Like 1