The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Jeez I feel lucky that I still have a theater near me that does $7 matinees and $5 Tuesdays. I expected them to raise their price more when they upgraded to recliners like four years ago, but somehow that never happened.

I do miss the halcyon days of unlimited MoviePass, though...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Non English animation in North America 
🇯🇵Pokemon first $85.00m
🇲🇽Huevos: Little rooster's egg-cellent adventure $9.08m
🇨🇳Nezha $3.70m
🇫🇷The little prince $1.33m
🇮🇪Song of the sea $0.85m
🇮🇳Chaar Sahibzaade ii $0.70m
🇸🇪Pippi $0.50m
🇦🇪Bilal $0.49m
🇨🇱Condorito $0.44m
🇪🇸Chico and Rita $0.35m

Chaar Sahibzaade 1 is $2.3M

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, harrisonisdead said:

Jeez I feel lucky that I still have a theater near me that does $7 matinees and $5 Tuesdays. I expected them to raise their price more when they upgraded to recliners like four years ago, but somehow that never happened.

It's back as of last weekend, at a MUCH higher price point and focused on Indy theaters showing Indy movies...which is probably what is always should have been...

We should see some improvement in the specialty market going forward this summer with it back...or we'll find the price is still just too high to bring in folks who changed habits...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

I saw The Little Mermaid, and, I fucking loved it. ❤️

Halle was incredible, and, I hope all racists choke and cease to exist!

Why do you keep telling people to choke? Racists are bad, sure, but let's educate them

16 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

Where do you live? Iowa? 

11 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Why do you keep telling people to choke? Racists are bad, sure, but let's educate them

Why do y’all keep coddling racists and not the victims of racism? Educate the racists that’s nice, well what about Halle who has been tormented online by those racist for the past three years? She even spoke about how hurt she’s been with the backlash and attacks that she’s received online. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

4D is absolutely not worth that mark up

My usual preference is IMAX. Something Dolby but tried 4D only for Demon Slayer once (⁠ノ⁠≧⁠∇⁠≦⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠ミ⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

1 minute ago, joselowe said:

Why do y’all keep coddling racists and not the victims of racism? Educate the racists that’s nice, well what about Halle who has been tormented online by those racist for the past three years? She even spoke about how hurt she’s been with the backlash and attacks that she’s received online. 

When has being Violent back ever made anything better. I'm not saying what they've done isn't abhorrent, it's fucking awful. But saying you want to choke people, harm people, that doesn't make anything better. There's more proactive methods out there to work out this shit. 

2 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Everytime anyone writes about racism - you all are directing all your comments towards me because you all don't like East Asia. Kindly please stop.. it's really bothering me 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

My usual preference is IMAX. Something Dolby but tried 4D only for Demon Slayer once (⁠ノ⁠≧⁠∇⁠≦⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠ミ⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

I miss my old IMAX, here living in London I don't fit comfortably in to any of them without either paying a massive premium or sacrificing quality. I tend to just stick with Dolby now instead. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Everytime anyone writes about racism - you all are directing all your comments towards me because you all don't like East Asia. Kindly please stop.. it's really bothering me 

huh? I didn’t @ you or reply to you,  I don’t even know who you are 

tumblr_m8gvkvrEHL1qbb166o1_250.gif

• Like 1

Fun exercise. For me in Mexico is like

2D - $75 lc / $4.3 USD

3D - $90 lc / $5.2 USD

IMAX - $140-$160 lc / $8-$9 USD

4DX - $175-$220 lc / $10-$12.5 USD

VIP (Dine-in) - $170-$185 lc / $9.7-$10.5

PLFs including Dolby ones cost about the same as a traditional showing. Overall cheap compared to the rest of the world but we don't have matinee or weekday prices; you can only get cheap tickets either on Wednesdays or Mon/Tue if you have one of the chains' club card.

• Like 1