Eric Loves Rey

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Meanwhile, in Japan…

Talk about legs — or, more appropriately, wings: Paramount/Skydance’s Top Gun: Maverick is still playing in Japanese cinemas a full year on from its debut. Continuing on from a stratospheric and super-leggy run, the sequel, on its 365th day of release, became Tom Cruise’s biggest film ever in the market. In doing so, it overtook 2003’s The Last Samurai with JPY 13.71B ($101.5M) — and Maverick is still flying on local screens. It had become Paramount’s No. 1 movie of all time in Japan in August and also marks the same milestone for Skydance.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/top-gun-maverick-tom-cruise-japan-box-office-record-1235382460/

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

2 hours ago, Prince Eric said:

I mean I already posted that we were stopping this conversation altogether. This gives context as to what happened and why I made my mod warning so everybody understands what is going on. If Claire does this again, she will get warning points. Simple as that really.

LMAO.

Not me always causing a commotion.

If the post-covid theater audience is generally 20% black then it's a good investment to put money toward courting the black community. 

Even if a couple movies end up in the red.

Black consumers are big spenders and TLM earned a ton of black lifelong fans last weekend. Sometimes it's about playing the long game.

I love seeing how much cinema tickets are in all the different countries on here! We’re a varied bunch on this forum, it’s amazing. 

We’re lucky to have Cineworld Unlimited here in Scotland. I’m £17.99 a month for unlimited films, any showtime. You have to pay an extra £4 for IMAX showings. After a year with the card you get 25% off all food, drink, Starbucks etc. Some early screenings too, but never very far in advance. I’ve had the card for about 10 years I think. 

Buuut Cineworld is also bankrupt, so it might not be a great business model 😂

A normal ticket at my local is £9.99-£11.99. 

• Like 1

I see a lot of people talking about how high ticket prices are right now, I so I was curious and decided to punch in some numbers to figure the average ticket price per year adjusted for inflation. I used The Numbers. I divided the inflation adjusted total gross in each year by the total tickets sold.

AJFCJaWpB6rSG5y3WR8kIjXVEwehr7g2gK4XFMpv

Im no expert in this field but i found the data interesting if accurate. The consistency in the 2000's is kinda odd but it continued into the 90's (I couldn't screenshot all years I calculated). I'm wondering if 1. The data provided on The Numbers is accurate and/or 2. The increase in ATP is due to more PLF's being demanded in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

I see a lot of people talking about how high ticket prices are right now, I so I was curious and decided to punch in some numbers to figure the average ticket price per year adjusted for inflation. I used The Numbers. I divided the inflation adjusted total gross in each year by the total tickets sold.

AJFCJaWpB6rSG5y3WR8kIjXVEwehr7g2gK4XFMpv

Im no expert in this field but i found the data interesting if accurate. The consistency in the 2000's is kinda odd but it continued into the 90's (I couldn't screenshot all years I calculated). I'm wondering if 1. The data provided on The Numbers is accurate and/or 2. The increase in ATP is due to more PLF's being demanded in recent years.

The numbers to draw the conclusion aren’t accurate, unfortunately.

Solid hold from Sun-Mon for TLM. Better than Aladdin and only 2nd to Top Gun when it comes to the top 10 Memorial wknd debuts.

I'll take what I can get and hope for the best. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I'm thinking GOTGV3 ends it's run with $350m or so. Spider-Verse and Flash will cut off the legs but it's fine because it's already successful. Maybe 55-60% drop next weekend for Guardians.

I do think they keep GotGV3 from going pretty high end with legs but I'm thinking 360M+ DOM is kinda locked up as the floor.