Eric Loves Rey

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Saw Fast X in 4D. First time in 4D and I was not prepared. Felt like being on a roller coaster I had to grip the seats hahah. Movie was much better than 8 or 9. Momoa is the best villain in the franchise. It was still a bit messy, and you can feel the production issues but overall it was entertaining and fun.  Hopefully the next has no production issues and with hobbs back they can fire on all cylinders. 

Also saw Kandahar which was surprisingly decent. I'm even a bit surprised the reviews are that low. It being from the guy behind Greenland was no surprise when you watch, since you expect a typical gerard butler action flick and actually got something with pretty well rounded characters and respectful treating of Muslims. It didn't have a ton of action, maybe thats what the disconnect is. 

Seeing Spider Verse Thursday and The Boogeyman on Sunday.

I've been having a great time at the movies this year. Non stop releases, varied content, different genres. Really feels like the first time in a while movies feel back, and one of the better years I can of the last 4 or 5 years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

The wiki says the budget was $100-200 million. This just shows we don't have clear information.

As I said, theaters box office ($233 million) aside, they also charged $29.99 additional in Disney+ to see Cruella early. So, I think the total income (which we don't know) make a Cruella sequel look like a good idea at that point.

That said, I don't think Disney continue to see Cruella sequel as a good idea. I haven't heard anything about that since 2021.

I'd see it. It's their best live action based on popular animated character. It's kinda a good outline of how they should do them to keep than fresher than the ones that adhere too much to making shot by shot live action movies of the animated classic. Emma Stone and her henchmen were a blast to watch.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

To be fair, Tenet rollout was indeed absurd and inconsequential for such an expensive movie. 

With that said, we’re seeing movies struggling to get +300M OS even today, so i definitely don’t know why people think doing that before even vaccines was ready was a bad result.

The only truly disaster numbers was from US but we all know why that happened. 

I doubt any of this will matter for Oppenheimer, this movie have insanely good engagement on social media and anyone thinking it will be a huge flop or something is blind. I don’t know how big it will go, i’m thinking something around Dunkirk but a bit lower which would be amazing for a 100M movie and the type of movie it is.

End of the day, was it the smartest roll out to maximize profits? Not at all.

Did theatres desperately need it and welcome it? Absolutely. 

Nolan used his power to help out the theatrical model during a time when it looked very bleak for its future. Even if read the least generous way, he did it out of Ego, it still made a difference IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

She's so pretty. i don't understand these people who don't find her attractive.

That's why we need more movies that have representation. Here in my country, people think having a lighter skin makes one more beautiful. Foreigners from the West complain because when they go to the grocery to buy a bathing soap, most are labeled "whitening." 😂