kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

650M-700M is what i'm seeing rn . Leaning more on domestic side but still a healthy balance. Between the opening and the WOM, Spider-Verse is gonna have a great run in June even with the competition.

Speaking of money, yours truly got their first paycheck for an editing gig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

March 2024 is crowded as fuck. I was looking at what's releasing around Spider-Verse next year and that month has Elio, Quiet Place, Kung Fu Panda, Godzilla x Kong, Spider-Verse, Mickey 17. Is either Snow White or Mufasa that month too? I expect some movement.

With the writers strike potentially impacting summer releases, I can see a lot of February to April releases taking the summer spots instead.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

March 2024 is crowded as fuck. I was looking at what's releasing around Spider-Verse next year and that month has Elio, Quiet Place, Kung Fu Panda, Godzilla x Kong, Spider-Verse, Mickey 17. Is either Snow White or Mufasa that month too? I expect some movement.

Snow White is currently set for that month.

Mickey 17 is def moving after Across’ opening, cannot see WB wanting to go up against the sequel. 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Godzilla x kong, Kung fu panda 4 and spider-verse I'm heavily expecting to be delay due to the strike and how crowded it is

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

One of my favorite random box office facts is that the #3 OS movie of 2008 was Mamma Mia which did 450M OS just behind the 470M of IJ4 and TDK.

Speaking of movies which did ridiculous numbers, I remembered Ted due to a random joke and that movie did 550M WW. How did that humor translate across the world? Still crazy that Seth MacFarlane managed to do that, host the Oscars and basically run Fox's Sunday primetime at the same time. It definitely never got better for him from there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Still crazy that Seth MacFarlane managed to do that, host the Oscars and basically run Fox's Sunday primetime at the same time. It definitely never got better for him from there.

Seth MacFarlane is one of the most talented people alive. Singer, Voice Actor, Writer. It's a shame he hasn't used that and his industry goodwill to direct a proper musical which he clearly loves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Seth MacFarlane is one of the most talented people alive. Singer, Voice Actor, Writer. It's a shame he hasn't used that and his industry goodwill to direct a proper musical which he clearly loves.

I remember watching the Mr Booze musical interlude in a Family Guy episode and was amazed just how well it was staged even in a cartoon.

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Speaking of movies which did ridiculous numbers, I remembered Ted due to a random joke and that movie did 550M WW. How did that humor translate across the world? Still crazy that Seth MacFarlane managed to do that, host the Oscars and basically run Fox's Sunday primetime at the same time. It definitely never got better for him from there.

Ted is a global legend.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I remember watching the Mr Booze musical interlude in a Family Guy episode and was amazed just how well it was staged even in a cartoon.

I'm partial to his Bob Hope and Bing Crosby homages

His opening for the Oscar's was also fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

If I recall Beyond is done so I don't see it going anywhere in it's release date.

I mean across is a big success in a crowded summer season, I still think they're going to move to a holiday weekend or during summer just to maximize profits 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

I think 375m dom 375m OS for 750 total is doable.

375M OS means almost a 4.3x which I don't think it's coming close to it. The domestic total I think can definitely be even higher than 375M though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flamengo81 said:

375M OS means almost a 4.3x which I don't think it's coming close to it. The domestic total I think can definitely be even higher than 375M though.

Animated films are more leggy overseas