kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

There was that weird Met Gala thing where Steinfeld went undercover pretty much

And the time she posted this and barely got 70k likes

so she's definitely been trying to stay relevant with extremely mixed results.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This. She is in many decent to good/great movies yet never broke out in a way that some other actresses did despite spottier career or shorter career. She's pretty and likable and super forgettable. I can't remember anything she did. I know what movies and that D+ show she appeared in but can't remember anything about her performances. Not a bad actress mind you but just evaporates from memory as soon as the movie's over.

Bumblebee was so overhyped on BOT to unreasonable levels but it was the blandest of the bland. I think that bland as opposed to fuckin terrible was considered an upgrade at the time.

2 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Maybe it´s just you... idk how an actress that have been nominated for an Academy Award, BAFTA and Golden Globe award goes under the distinction  super forgettable or that she hasn´t broken out in a way. But that´s just me. 

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Because she's bland and uninteresting and could be replaced by 50 other actresses and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But that's just my opinion.

You guys all realise her latest film literally just had the biggest opening day of 2023?

😂 Hailee Steinfeld is doing absolutely fine. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Bumblebee is the only memorable Transformers film, IMO.

Shia’s best film was Disturbia. 

The thing about Steinfeld, I felt like they were forcing her on us. Remember how everyone felt about Taylor kitsch when he came on to the scene and they labeled him the next Brad Pitt or something and that ended up crashing and burning LOL. Just feels like there's certain actors or actresses that aren't worth the hype. I don't mind seeing her in movies. She's been in some good ones, given some good performances but I thought she was completely wrong for bumblebee and I thought everything about the concept of bumblebee was wrong. Just didn't do it for me.

But that's the beautiful thing about the arts, right? We all like what we like and that's totally cool.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You guys all realise her latest film literally just had the biggest opening day of 2023?

😂 Hailee Steinfeld is doing absolutely fine. 

Dude she's a voice actress in the biggest opening movie of the year. That hardly makes her anything special LOL

Jay Baruchel was in a gigantic animated series. Now he's back in Montreal making Canadian films.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Dude she's a voice actress in the biggest opening movie of the year. That hardly makes her anything special LOL

Jay Baruchel was in a gigantic animated series. Now he's back in Montreal making Canadian films.

Well Hailee won’t be. She has Avengers films and likely more Spider Verse too. 

A huge hit is a huge hit. 

new transformers just looks flavourless. was kinda interested when it was announced and i thought it'd be a beast wars movie but it's not even that. disappointed Bay never got to do the unicron movie for sure.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There was that weird Met Gala thing where Steinfeld went undercover pretty much

And the time she posted this and barely got 70k likes

so she's definitely been trying to stay relevant with extremely mixed results.

Hey I just wake up and what the flying hell is this non-sense? Is it a joke? Because… ew, what the hell?