Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

2 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Are you adjusting for QM and TLM being 4days @IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son? If the comp values are final thread length that would be TUES actuals instead of MON which may be why those comps are skewing high.

That hasn't been factored in, however I expect to see some over-indexing in this thread to compensate for that as we have not one but two $200m budget bombs this week!

• Like 1

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Timothee Chalamet is gonna carry WB in the fall.

He carries every year just by being his beautiful, sweet, wonderful, beautiful self. Your faves could never.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

That hasn't been factored in, however I expect to see some over-indexing in this thread to compensate for that as we have not one but two $200m budget bombs this week!

I'm going to project the thread for 97 pages based on the data presented but with a good chance the studio fudges it over

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Durden said:

Deadpool 3 will conquer 2024, but i always had Thunderbolts as the Marvel surprise of the year. Hearing just great things from a friend.

Cap4 have big ideas and will be another very big film in US and not so much overseas, like Black Panther, Across Spiderverse, Little Mermaid... for reasons. Just wait for the marketing .

Durden, you are one of my favorite mysterious BOT posters. Right there with @RthMav. You are just like Mestre dos Magos (Dungeon Master from the old DnD show, a major classic that is huge here in Brazil). Keep feeding us, please.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

I'm going to project the thread for 97 pages based on the data presented but with a good chance the studio fudges it over

To be clear I think the CBM fan skew will contribute to a frontloaded prepoasting pattern but the exceptional WOM may be able to counteract that some with strong poasting holds on Sat and sun

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Verified audience score for Elemental is 92%... which is nice.

WOM is giving some bump for it on Korea.

At this point i think the problem is to sell original movies period. For 3 years we didn’t have a single big animated hit that is original. 

Some of them ended up fine due to lower budget, but that’s all. From Bad Guys, to Encanto and now this, we’re seeing some very well received movies struggling and they’re all different from each other so it’s starting to look like people just won’t bother to pay for animation (historically perceived as something lesser) unless it’s attached to some IP. 

PostTrack data for Elemental suggests an A on CS (A- at worse but it’ll be a bit surprising considering the 4.5/5 from GA and 5/5 from Kids), so maybe it can have some good legs but with sub-30M opening it won’t be enough.

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Civil War never marketed Ant-Man as a main character. He's in the trailers for literal seconds. Kamala and Monica are co-leads. 

It's the job of the film to explain who they are and what they are doing there. The opening sequence could be a monologue by Kamala, in the style of those in Ms Marvel, or whatever.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's amazing how many slam dunk properties are in some sort of death spiral or at least walking wounded. Star Wars, DC, Harry Potter, Pixar, Transformers, Disney animation, and yes, the MCU all taking on heavy water. Fast franchise ending and weaksauce, Jurassic World ended for a bit, Godzilla vs Kong box office novelty wasted during COVID, John Wick on hiatus, Disney out of obvious remakes, Conjuring probably done, Lord of the Rings show getting less eyes than White Lotus...yeesh. I was talking about this with another poster but the current IP to be mined is mostly just video games and Illumination shit. What new live action franchises did 2010-2019 produce? John Wick, Conjuring, and Quiet Place? Not exactly the murderer's row the 90s and 00s produced. 

Things could be about to get very, very bad. Or maybe the industry will actually make good new shit. I wish I trusted audiences to consume it.

All the young kids I know just sit at home on tiktok or play video games when not at school or in sports. Kinda sad but they won't go for anything that isn't mainstream or blows up on tiktok. That's what I see from my POV at least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

How much you wanna bet Godzilla X Kong will be WB highest Grossing Movie next year

It will be, just need that Spiderman away from it.

What was taken from Godzilla vs Kong, Godzilla & Kong will fulfill it.