Eric Furiosa

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

GREATER BOXOFFICETHEORY REGION

The Flash Weekend Thread

THURSDAY includes the late weekday thread

T-2 Friday Afternoon Update

POSTERS

POSTS MADE

TOTAL POSTS

PERCENT REACTED

9.6%

*Numbers taken as of 1:00pm EST

POSTS MADE SINCE YESTERDAY

ACTUALS POSTED SINCE YESTERDAY

THREADBANS

COMPS

T-2

(1.328x) of THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD 

~117 PAGES MON Final

(1.909x) of THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.3 WEEKEND THREAD

~109 PAGES MON Final

(0.566x) of A2 WEEKEND THREAD

~100 PAGES MON Final

(2.320x) of ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA - WEEKEND THREAD

~139 PAGES MON Final

COMPS AVG: 116 Pages Monday Final 

Thanks @TheFlatLannister for the format lol

This is amazing lol 👏🏻👏🏻

4 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

How much you wanna bet Godzilla X Kong will be WB highest Grossing Movie next year

As long as the two are confirmed boyfriends at least by the end. Otherwise, the fanboys will have a fit.

Just now, LVB said:

It's the job of the film to explain who they are and what they are doing there. The opening sequence could be a monologue by Kamala, in the style of those in Ms Marvel, or whatever.

The Ms. Marvel show was awesome, I absolutely love Iman as Kamala and I think The Marvels will solidify her as one of the new MCU mainstays. With that said, my one pet peeve with that show is that I heard that it was sort of reined in when it comes to the Scott Pilgrim influences. In my opinion, they should have gone even more nuts with that. Not sure if Ms. Marvel needs to have a second season or a full blown feat film, but after Marvels I want them to go hard with that. Visually that first episode is amazing. 

40 minutes ago, 21C said:

Is it possible that The Flash might get a B Cinemascore? Audiences tend to be more cynical in the Cinemascores with DC than with Marvel in general. If PostTrak is at Quantumania levels now, Cinemascore might go lower than Quantumania. 

It's always possible, and it would be absolutely horrible if that happened

21 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Dune did like 1/3rd of the views as Mortal Kombat on HBO Max and is the kind of dreary, long movie I don't think hits in 2023. I'm seeing 55/150.

In all seriousness, I feel the reason why HBO Max views were so low was because it was pushed by even WB as a film you had to see on the big screen. All the trailers empahasized giant landscpaes and that you had to see it in IMAX, or you were a chump that missed out on something incredible. And well, PLFs and big-screen spectacle is the biggest thing today. And since the film's release, Dune as a property has gotten a lot more attention and popularity, kind of like how the first Lord of the Rings movie got people invested in the greater series just like that. Anecdotal, but the movie made me read the original trilogy, and I don't think I was the only one who did this.

Maybe I'm being blindsided here by my own biases, but I can see it going 200M+ domestically, and this film was already a huge smash overseas, so I can see nowhere but up. I do agree though that Meg 2 is the greatest threat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

Bro I'm trying to get through this thread but yall are outpacing me right now stop lmao.

Welcome to a little taste of the BOT golden days. We used to do 100 pages a day for the biggies

1 minute ago, Eric Prime said:

In all seriousness, I feel the reason why HBO Max views were so low was because it was pushed by even WB as a film you had to see on the big screen. All the trailers empahasized giant landscpaes and that you had to see it in IMAX, or you were a chump that missed out on something incredible. And well, PLFs and big-screen spectacle is the biggest thing today. And since the film's release, Dune as a property has gotten a lot more attention and popularity, kind of like how the first Lord of the Rings movie got people invested in the greater series just like that. Anecdotal, but the movie made me read the original trilogy, and I don't think I was the only one who did this.

Maybe I'm being blindsided here by my own biases, but I can see it going 200M+ domestically, and this film was already a huge smash overseas, so I can see nowhere but up. I do agree though that Meg 2 is the greatest threat.

I don't buy the people saw it on the big screen when people used the "people just watched it on HBO Max" to excuse it only doing 108 domestic. It kind of has to be one or the other. But maybe it did hit both pots of money. I sure hope so, I want it to do well!

Not sure why there seems to be a disconnect between domestic audience versus overseas audiences?

Here in Asia - i am see incredible audience scores for The Flash; legit best DCEU movie levels across China, Taiwan, HK, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia to name a few...

And having watched the film; I genuinely think it was great. CGI was not as wonky as people are saying.

But seems that domestically - the postrac and RT audience scores are a little underwhelming currently?