Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

17 minutes ago, Serpico Jones said:

I wonder how Zaslav is liking that first look deal with Muschietti right about now…

It's probably the most pointless deal they could've ever signed because Muschietti has never really done anything remarkable on his own. The chances he develops any succesful TV or film for them that's not tied to IT  is exactly zero.  Pretty much the only thing they'll probably ever develop is that Welcome to Derry show, and supposedly Brave and the Bold but that's probably gonna fall apart any minute now. 

Edited by 21C

9 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

James Gunn called it one of the greatest comic book movies ever made and one of his favourite movies ever multiple times.

I know that part of Gunn's job is to promote and hype DC's movies, but he seems to have overdid it there.

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Sorry, I should have added that I'm not actually fluent in Spanish. My phone must think I am because  I get ads in Spanish sometimes on YouTube, and on the forums today. LOL

Thanks, already got help translating I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

I will say this until I’m blue in the face, but WB hyping The Flash as “the greatest comic book movie ever made” two months before release had to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made. Even the greatest comic book movies ever made didn’t really try that BS 2 months pre-release and it just set this one up for the “meh” and “that’s it?” reactions. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

WB is getting what they deserve and paying for their bad decisions. 

honestly, I dont think we have a way of knowing, maybe if would have opened at 45 million if not for that

I feel like the GA just has never had any ability to follow the chaos that is the DCU. From basically the beginning it's given off the vibe of a sinking ship being desperately pieced back together in an attempt to last a few more seconds 

• Like 2

Lost in all of this is an outright incredible run by Spiderverse which is a further testament to the profound importance of quality and creativity. Back to back excellent & original films and they're at megabit status. Well done. No doubt about it, the success of Spiderverse is impacting Flash and Elementals. 

Anyone wondering if DC can rebound just needs to look here. It just takes one great film to change the entire course. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

I lmow its only one movie a different genre and different box office expectations but if you told me after scream 4 flopped  12 years ago that scream  would rise from the dead without wes craven I'd have called u crazy.

On the flip side If  you told me in january 2016 that star wars would be dead in 7 years  after what the force awakens did  I'd call u crazy too.

So u never know...

• Like 2