Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I was talking about the RT score, should say it more clearly. 

Audience scores is definitely bad, but i do think the many problems around it can have some impact in how audiences perceive a movie. For example, if someone goes to a theater expecting to watch a top tier CBM is easy to give it a mid grade when the expectation don’t materialize.

The RT score that's sitting at a 67%? Really? Because that sort of score next to a horrible audience score does not make an argument for him. 
Out of all the 4 films he's done, 3 of those have been dangerously close to getting into rotten territory.
There's Mama at 63%
It Chapter Two at 62%
And The Flash at 67%

So even if the critical RT rating is your argument, he's not exactly the best guy for that either. 

saw spiderverse matinee at 2pm and flash IMAX at 5:30. spidey was packed — basically no empty seats other than the front — and flash had exactly *four* people besides me and my friends

weirdly, reactions seemed to be more positive to the movie’s humor than any of the cameos/fan service lol

5 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Orion and the Dark? Oh no.

Comcast really don't know how to handle this studio.

Perhaps they really only know how to sell the sequels. Gillman was left to die due to lack of faith in Comcast as having the first trailer three months from release is awful and indicates lack if faith. It's like Captain Underpants in 2017 but much worse.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Again, this would make sense if Muschietti was an auteur or even just someone who was respected in the indie world.

But what? Lol. Anti-art? To say that he shouldn’t direct a Batman movie because his other big superhero movie is bad and is bombing big time? Come on.

I’m not talking about the movie itself, i’m talking about this idea that if someone made a bad movie they should lose future opportunities. It is an anti-art approach, even when the subject is a blockbuster. This is what studios think, and nah i personally don’t want to think like an enterprise. 

7 minutes ago, 21C said:

Man I just have to disagree with you. Frankly I think it's even more anti-art to keep a dude as director for one of the biggest franchises DC has just because "well he's been a good and loyal employee". And you can make about a hundred arguments about "oh but he didn't come up with this" and all that but... he was the director, man.

No one worked more on The Flash than he did, and as such, it's only fair to signal that at least a good chunk of the responsibility for the final results of the movie do 100% fall on him, especially when there are technical aspects of the film (the CGI) that have been largely lambasted by audiences and critics and that are probably playing a factor in the bad reception of it. 

If the movie was a hit, or if it at least showed great signs of legs and audience reception, I think everyone would be comfortable giving him credit for that; so now that it's the other way around, why make excuses for him? If he's set to get credit if it does good, then he's set to share the blame if it does bad.

It's not like anyone's saying "He shouldn't work on anything ever again", it's just that he shouldn't be given the keys to another 200 million dollar blockbuster starring WB's most valuable IP. That's all there is. Because also, it's not like Brave and the Bold is just an easy project handed to him on a silver plater either, it'll have many many challenges to overcome, and there's no reason right now to believe Muschietti would be the guy to overcome them all. 

Not because he’s loyal, because he made good movies before, movies that millions enjoyed. 

But to keep it short, yes he’s the director but no i don’t believe you can put this type of movies entirely on the shoulder of it’s director, especially for a movie that is so clearly a Frankenstein of a project. 

The MCU wild success is credited for it’s producer, Kevin Feige is the name of it all. So yes, even the failures i don’t like to pretend it’s something in full control of an auteur to judge it this way. And i do the same approach for DCEU.

even if disney+ wasn't a thing, I can't see how a product like Elemental could ever be expected to open to anything higher than 50 million, so it seems silly to use it as a scapegoat 

heck, a 50 million ow for a mediocre toy story spinoff no one wanted isn't that bad, only needed the usual pixar legs their good movies usually get 

Just now, ringedmortality said:

It’s the truth is what it is. 

You're saying an entire demographic filled to the brim with all different types of races "the whitest of latinos" and you're calling it the truth. You can really say anything on this forum. 

1 minute ago, Ross612 said:

You're saying an entire demographic filled to the brim with all different types of races "the whitest of latinos" and you're calling it the truth. You can really say anything on this forum. 

Sorry, I’m Mexican, it’s in my blood to be like this against Argentinians 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

Perhaps they really only know how to sell the sequels. Gillman was left to die due to lack of faith in Comcast as having the first trailer three months from release is awful and indicates lack if faith. It's like Captain Underpants in 2017 but much worse.

Well then, the only thing I can do is to vote with my wallet I guess.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1