Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why is anyone surprised Flash is a huge bomb (commercially and reception wise)? How could WB have possibly made it any clearer they knew the whole thing was screwed with DCEU than literally announcing a hard reboot of the whole damn franchise before they even got these last stragglers out the door?

The writing has never been more on the wall for any movies ever than it was for the likes of Shazam 2, Flash, and Aquabro2. Granted, latter may save face OS at least, but isn’t Heard even more hated in a lot of OS places than domestically since the trial disaster? Idk, just dont know why on Earth anyone would have any expectations for DC films before the Gunn era officially starts. 

combination of people believing the early hype about it being one of the best testing superhero movies and mistakenly thinking things like Keaton's Batman and Supergirl were draws

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Learn to take a joke my guy. Being Argentinian isn’t a race. It’s like saying “openly saying you have a problem with Canadians” as if I’m being bigoted lol.

Just now, 21C said:

Yeah as a mexican I can 100% say that man is white lmfao Just because you were born in a latino country doesn't mean you're not white. 

Well, you’re both from Mexico but you’re both in a forum from US, so you should know racial discussions in US are completely different than in Latin America and yes, it includes countries. 

I don’t know what type of joke you’re trying to do with what i said, but I’m from Brazil, i’m white for our standards. When i go to US or Europe, they call me Latino as a race just because i’m brazilian, or person of color.

A white latino is still latino in this context, is still perceived as race. Yes it’s absurd and i found it personally ridiculous, but it is what it is. There’s many articles and studies about the difference in race perceptions from US and Europe if you’re interested. 

If you’re not whatever, this discussion is getting absolutely ridiculous and i’ll just stop it here.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

David Zaslav Saw ‘The Flash’ 3 Times, “It’s the Best Superhero Movie I've Ever Seen" — World of Reel

“Can I say one more thing? The Flash is fucking amazing. Like it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. [Director] Andy Muschietti did an amazing job.”

-James Gunn Thinks The Flash Is F—cking Amazing (collider.com)

see-nobody-cares.gif

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

David Zaslav Saw ‘The Flash’ 3 Times, “It’s the Best Superhero Movie I've Ever Seen" — World of Reel

“Can I say one more thing? The Flash is fucking amazing. Like it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. [Director] Andy Muschietti did an amazing job.”

-James Gunn Thinks The Flash Is F—cking Amazing (collider.com)

Very interested in how Empire will spin this. I remember clearly his insane takes about how Ghostbusters Afterlife was a huge success and he was right in his prediction of a monster hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

combination of people believing the early hype about it being one of the best testing superhero movies and mistakenly thinking things like Keaton's Batman and Supergirl were draws

It’s crazy to me people thought Keaton was any kind of draw outside of gen x (and even then, kinda iffy). And The Flash is hardly Top gun, nothing about it screamed huge draw for the 40-55 crowd. 

Just now, ringedmortality said:

I love the Italians. You have brought so much to this world like Goodfellas, Sopranos, Pizza.

Don't forget the Pasta, Ferrari, Nutella and two Godfather movies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Very interested in how Empire will spin this. I remember clearly his insane takes about how Ghostbusters Afterlife was a huge success and he was right in his prediction of a monster hit.

Tranfosrmers actually outgrossing Flash :sparta:

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Grebacio said:

Tranfosrmers actually outgrossing Flash :sparta:

Forget about the RoTB stuff, this man really tried to say Spider-Verse 2 wasn't good? Lmfaaaaaaao (And I don't love it as much as everyone else does)

You know, we've been talking a lot about Gunn and his opinion of Andy.

But as many "The Flash is the best movie I've ever seen" statements he could've given, losing millions of dollars can make a CEO's heart start beating a very different tune very quickly. And Zaslav strikes me as someone that'll probably want to cut at least one or several heads off after an embarrasment of this magnitude, so....

Edited by 21C

throwback to when i was a lurker here in 2013 and people were doing insane meltdown backflips over man of steel ”flopping” to $116m ow — now 10 years later the dceu dies with a whimper as flash struggles to match that for its **total**

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is awful for a fan service-y comic book tentpole. Even Black Adam managed a B+.

Season 1 GIF by The Simpsons

Posttrak claims kids gave the film 3.5/5 stars which is the equivalent of a B/B+ cinemascore. The problem is that you'd expect kids to give a 4.5 or 5/5 star ("A") grade. If you assume kids are 25% of the total audience, that alone is bringing down the film 3/4ths of a letter grade. With normal kid scores (assuming posttrak's claims hold up - sometimes posttrak and cinemascore disagree), kids prevented this from getting a normal B+/A- score. 
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264357293_Grumpier_Old_Men_Age_and_Sex_Differences_in_the_Evaluation_of_New_Services

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well, you’re both from Mexico but you’re both in a forum from US, so you should know racial discussions in US are completely different than in Latin America and yes, it includes countries. 

yeah for people with our skin color. People with Muschietti’s skin color don’t get the same non-white status in the U.S like us just because he has an accent. Believe me man I live in the U.S. If I looked like Muschietti it’d be a different ball game. My mexican friends who are white get an entirely different perception.