Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

25 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Quantumania is looking like a success compared to The Flash. $54-58 OW. B Cinemascore. Sixth bomb in a row for the DCEU. Gunn and WBD spreading lies to artificially hype up a bad film. What a mess. But it’s well deserved after the absolute abomination they did with Josstice League.

“Spreading lies” - Jesus. Producers and distributor promote film. More on this abhorrent act up next. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 21C said:

So...
Let's say around 55 million opening weekend domestic.
75 million overseas.

55 x 2.3 legs= 126 million.
75 x 2.5 legs (trying to account for Asia really liking the film for some reason) = 187 million.

313 worldwide.

Jesus christ.

Thought TLM OS was already pretty bad, but Flash looks like it's going lower even with more support from China (not great either but at least not abysmal like TLM). And Flash won't even have good domestic numbers like TLM to fall back on. It rightfully deserves to be called a major bomb.

6 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

“Spreading lies” - Jesus. Producers and distributor promote film. More on this abhorrent act up next. 

This is not how u promote a film. As I said back in the day it was a desperate move because they knew the film was, indeed, a mess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

lol what’s all this 4 day in the Deadline article, it’s not recognised as a box office holiday weekend is it? 

Juneteenth, which was recently turned into a federal holiday, lands on Monday.

• Like 1

Please, please, please, comicbook gods let Blue Beetle be a success! He’s my favorite DC character and I, as a DC fan, cannot handle a failure lol 

On a side note has there ever been a franchise with 6 bombs/flops in a row? Because that’s the DCEU rn 

• Like 1

One observation from me. Despite being a lot more successful and celebratory, DC dark brand is never as adored or talked about by DC fans, as compared to DCEU brand. I wonder if less of the fan service approach by DC dark dent passion among DC fans. 

The page count on this thread has some serious legs. It’ll be at 100 pages by the end of tomorrow I bet.

I hope to see some quality reverse flash memes soon. Btw why isn’t he the villain of this movie? He’s a great villain

nnYYH_2pL_R04tyU.jpg:large

4ea

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

To be fair Batman Returns is absolutely beloved today, much more than Batman 1989. Especially Catwoman. 

Absolutely agree. I had Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman poster for this film up on my wall when I was wee. Iconic. 

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

To be fair Batman Returns is absolutely beloved today, much more than Batman 1989. 

Not sure I’d go that far. BR has its cult but most people who like one like the other. The production designs of both are phenomenal.

3 minutes ago, Coneilg93 said:

Gunn probably now begging Matt Reeves to combined his Batverse into the DCU. Geez, what a disaster lol 

He's probably thinking of what's the earliest he can publically kick Muschietti out without it looking too embarrassing.

Edited by 21C

With the Tom Cruise thing, I still gotta be honest and wonder the veracity of it. It's so...so weird. Not to mention all the really random celebrity endorsements for Flash. Like Stephen King? Jaiden Smith? It definitely smells like a studio paying people off.

• Like 3

Just now, Mulder said:

With the Tom Cruise thing, I still gotta be honest and wonder the veracity of it. It's so...so weird. Not to mention all the really random celebrity endorsements for Flash. Like Stephen King? Jaiden Smith? It definitely smells like a studio paying people off.

I thought paying people off for good reviews was a Marvel thing?