kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Yeah it's made more than Little Mermaid so it seems to be just fine.

I guess the only way BOT would buy it as an overseas "hit" would be if it did as much as a vintage Fast movie, but people on this site desperately want to keep the "adults don't watch animation" myth going despite all evidence to the contrary in terms of Spiderverse. Hell, when Beasts came out people thought it take most of Spiderverse's good screens permanently just because it was live action!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Audience OS simply doesn't care for animated Spiderman.

Nonsensical. Blame the crazy June schedule for the accelerated loss of screens. Posted this on OS threads but Indian audiences actually had to ask theatres to bring it back on more screens.

Hopefully other markets see a re-expansion too as AtSV's competitors have just been duds so far.

• Like 8

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Nonsensical. Blame the crazy June schedule for the accelerated loss of screens. Posted this on OS threads but Indian audiences actually had to ask theatres to bring it back on more screens.

Hopefully other markets see a re-expansion too as AtSV's competitors have just been duds so far.

This would actually be fairly consistent with the whole "give Spidey its PLFs" thing back. Most of the June movies (incl. Beasts!) did quite poorly.

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

I did say in Indian thread, this is just nonsense.

2-3 screena were full in entire city, because it is running on extremely low amount of screens so even with less audience it can do that.

This is just making it look like a humongous success which it isn't. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

This is what I always said. Snyder simply made the movies WB wanted from him. Man Of Steel was made before The Avengers came out, and up until that point The Dark Knight had been the most successful comic book movie. Green Lantern, which was made in an attempt to replicate the success of Iron Man and launching a DC shared universe, had just bombed. Going with a dark and gritty tone for the Superman reboot was for sure the studio's decision. If Snyder had not taken the job, someone else would have made a dark and gritty Man Of Steel.

Yes.

The Flash is currently looking to be in a close race against Turbo from 2013.

It is definitely slower than other speedsters like Sonic The Hedgehog, Pikachu, and Lightning Mcqueen at least in the Box office. 

Methinks the flash should be racing Mario Kart 50cc, Slowpoke, and others that are suited to his speed.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Too easy to blame Snyder. Tsujihara, Emmerich, Johns, Hamada and Sarnoff are responsible for this mess.

I would blame Tsujihara, that greedy money bag pretty much sabotaged movies that eventually led to such a miserable situation.

16 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

The Flash is currently looking to be in a close race against Turbo from 2013.

It is definitely slower than other speedsters like Sonic The Hedgehog, Pikachu, and Lightning Mcqueen at least in the Box office. 

Methinks the flash should be racing Mario Kart 50cc, Slowpoke, and others that are suited to his speed.

But Slowpoke has a better Defense stat and would likely hit 100 mil first. Plus he can call in Galarian Slowpoke for more type coverage.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Eric Wayne said:

😂

@Cap shared this with me (user in the tweet is a wrestling fan), and we both agreed this fit BOT to a tee every single time they get into these petty fights over these dumb kids movies.

Can’t wait for the same crap next week with Indiana Jones. Probably 5 pages minimum people will whine about how Last Jedi ruined everything somehow (hint hint that we aren’t doing this next week. So don’t even try.)

Practically every other post it sounds like you hate (or at least are exhausted by) this place and most of its user base, so I am asking 100% sincerely — why do you spend so much time here?   

I feel like in 2018 or so you had a vibe of really enjoying being around here and following box office and then through the years that”s just steadily and steadily declined and been replaced by bitterness. Doesn’t seem great for you or for the people you’re constantly ragging on.

Edited by LegionGPT
  • Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Nah, would have done $50M 2nd weekend if WB didn't generously give away tickets for the movie event of the year. 

The beauty of the B1G1F is that it increases admits but the box office is still credited for the full price of both tickets! So it’s mechanically a pure boost — and still a 73% ish drop ☠️

Edited by LegionGPT

3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

So... is The Flash still looking at record breaking drop? I assume they'll release it on vod next week.

It’ll be in the top 100 biggest second weekend drops of all time.

Not sure about a record? Is it an asterisk  record maybe? Like a film in 4,000 cinemas? Or opening over a certain amount? 

• Like 1