kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

GOGT3 passing $350m. There was a lot of hyperbole and nonsense just before this film opened lol. 

Excellent WOM saved the movie, if WOM was similar to MoM or even WF it would have ended its run below $280M

10 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I feel like it's a lowball tbh, seems to be performing pretty respectably in a lot of markets at the start, think $400m ww isn't out of the question yet

400M would be sweet, but I don't see it happening, unless Japan explodes.

4 minutes ago, 21C said:

How much are we looking at in terms of worldwide run? Is 300 million still in the cards?

A 50-50 chance as well. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended with 285M worldwide.

3 hours ago, LegionGPT said:

Practically every other post it sounds like you hate (or at least are exhausted by) this place and most of its user base, so I am asking 100% sincerely — why do you spend so much time here?   

I feel like in 2018 or so you had a vibe of really enjoying being around here and following box office and then through the years that”s just steadily and steadily declined and been replaced by bitterness. Doesn’t seem great for you or for the people you’re constantly ragging on.

Because...I do like this place and most of its user base? Like yeah, I'll post cynical stuff and call out certain users, but I have very strong friendships with tons of people on this board and I like being here each day to talk about movies or read up on how movies are doing. Things are a little rough now, since I don't like talking about movies that bombed or are underperforming, but I would have left if I thought this place sucks. It doesn't. And most of my cynicism is towards users who post problematic stuff, people who are trying to troll and start fanboy war stuff, or just the state of the movie industry. And all of those are pretty fair game to call out IMO, even if some users may not like it.

And if you want to know something, the reason why I wanted to become a mod was because I thought the forum was going down a bad road starting around 2017 or 2018 (basically around when Last Jedi came out) and I wanted to save a place I love from going under and becoming a nightmare for everybody else. If I didn't become a mod, we would have the Fanboy Wars thread still around, where people insulted others for liking the "wrong movies", Lordmandeep would try to troll DC or Star Wars fans 24/7, JB33 would complain about how everything is too woke,and every other forum user you like would run away from this place. So yeah, there was a time when I hated this place. And if the cards went the wrong way, I would have left. But between me being here and me being gone, we are all much better off with me here. Trust me.

• Like 4

So ELEMENTAL wins worldwide, right? 😅

worldwide / overseas / domestic

49.76M / 31.30M / 18.46M / ELEMENTAL

41.87M / 26.60M / 15.27M / THE FLASH

41.30M / 22.00M / 19.30M / SPIDER-MAN: ATSV

37.20M / 25.60M / 11.60M / TRANSFORMERS: ROTB

24.60M / 09.50M / 15.10M / NO HARD FEELINGS

18.07M / 09.40M / 08.67M / THE LITTLE MERMAID

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So ELEMENTAL wins worldwide, right? 😅

worldwide / overseas / domestic

49.76M / 31.30M / 18.46M / ELEMENTAL

41.87M / 26.60M / 15.27M / THE FLASH

41.30M / 22.00M / 19.30M / SPIDER-MAN: ATSV

37.20M / 25.60M / 11.60M / TRANSFORMERS: ROTB

24.60M / 09.50M / 15.10M / NO HARD FEELINGS

18.07M / 09.40M / 08.67M / THE LITTLE MERMAID

How much did Lost in the Stars do? That probably won worldwide but not sure

Edited by Bob Train

5 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

What are its chances for $300m OS and $700m WW?

It'll crawl to both. 300M OS, 400M dom and 700M WW so animated movies - congrats animation fans grrrrrr - will be #1 (Mario) and #2 of the year. Nothing will catch Mario and unlikely anything else will cross 400M dom after AtSV. US really likes cartoons doesn't it? If I sound butthurt it's because I am. :hahaha:I hate years where animation wins even if those movies are objectively better than live action. 

Edited by Valonqar