Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

Speaking of cinema experiences...

I usually see movies as matinees, so not a very big crowd. Not many disturbances then.

I did see one show in the evening though, and there were some disturbances, but they didn't last too long.

Overall I'd say going to the movies is a good experience for me.

• Like 3

the only bad cinema experience i've had this year was seeing Creed 3 it was a bunch of teens talking and moving around the room constantly very obnoxious. weridly had a similar poor experience at Creed 2 don't know what it is about that franchise that brings out the bad crowds.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the only bad cinema experience i've had this year was seeing Creed 3 it was a bunch of teens talking and moving around the room constantly very obnoxious. weridly had a similar poor experience at Creed 2 don't know what it is about that franchise that brings out the bad crowds.

the funniest cinema experience I’ve had was my second time seeing TGM. Went to a neighborhood, old school theater, so me and my friends were the youngest there by far. So many older people would be talking to the screen like it was Dora the explorer lmfao. Stuff like “you’ve got this Maverick!” And “go get them!” 

it was honestly endearing 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Borobudur said:
- (3) Spider-Man: Across the Sp… Sony Pictures $3,035,000 -28% +10% 3,405 $891 $343,407,000 32
- (4) No Hard Feelings Sony Pictures $1,905,000 -33% +15% 3,208 $594 $31,566,000 11

Hopefully similar bumps for Elemental and TLM and, smaller scale, GotGV3. Maybe Indy will have a strong 3rd, 4th and 5th relative to its opening too. Crazy that Flash still dipped 30% from its last Monday.... Guess it did lose the PLFs since though.

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Only distruptive experience I've had post pandemic was someone getting loudest, sloppiest BJ I've ever heard during Mario

Between this and that fight that happened during The Little Mermaid over the couple sitting next to the family apparently being inappropriate, kids movies sure do bring out some real characters to the cinema alright.

When I worked at a movie theater, I can confirm that nearly every single time people were doing sexual things during a movie, it was a kids movie. The exceptions were It and Zoolander 2. 

But yup. Had to deal with stuff during The Emoji Movie, Pixels, Ice Age 5, Incredibles 2, Minions 1 and 2, and Sing 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

Elemental's today (Tuesday) admits number in Korea is double OD admits lol and also 23% higher than last Tuesday..such a crazy run to follow 

It's already more than 4x'ed its 5-day opening weekend and hasn't had a single week-to-week drop yet after three full weeks in theatres. My favourite run of the year so far.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

It's already more than 4x'ed its 5-day opening weekend and hasn't had a single week-to-week drop yet after three full weeks in theatres. My favourite run of the year so far.

I haven't been following. What kind of total is it headed for in SK?

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

When I worked at a movie theater, I can confirm that nearly every single time people were doing sexual things during a movie, it was a kids movie. The exceptions were It and Zoolander 2. 

But yup. Had to deal with stuff during The Emoji Movie, Pixels, Ice Age 5, Incredibles 2, Minions 1 and 2, and Sing 2.

great lineup of movies lmao

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Between this and that fight that happened during The Little Mermaid over the couple sitting next to the family apparently being inappropriate, kids movies sure do bring out some real characters to the cinema alright.

30 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Who do a blowjob in a kids movie lol

Insane people (tho at least the theater was empty outside of them and me)