Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's so weird that Lightyear did so horribly.

I don't think it's because of any LGBT content because Elemental has that too.

At the risk of a :capmadcavalcade, I am going to say that I do think homophobia hurt that movie to some extent. Of course, it was simply never appealing enough to truly be successful, but that lesbian kiss made so many headlines you have to think at least some conservative parents took note of it and decided the movie was too spicy for their children. It was a precursor to the bigger shitstorm Strange World faced.

By comparison, Elemental's queer character wasn't even known up until the week of release, and even then the movie itself barely pays any attention to it aside from a quick pronoun drop, so no one really noticed it.

• Knock It Off 2

33 minutes ago, dxmatrixdt said:

so what movies are going to bid to open with Barbie 2, 3, etc.?

if Gladiator 2 opens to Indy 5 numbers, would that be good/expected?

Gladiator 2 making 150-200 domestic would be a win i think. 

8 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

So like,,,,,, 

what’s the context here?

Remember the movie Shame? Fassbender does full front in it and shows his massive dong. Also this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/charlize-theron-michael-fassbender-penis_n_1362637

Quoting Charlize Theron:

"Your penis was a revelation. I'm available to work with it anytime," she said as the audience roared with laughter. "I have to say that I was truly impressed that you chose to play it big. Most other actors would have gone small, trust me.

17 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Mufasa is headed for a near Alice to Alice 2 drop off unless the WOM is shockingly amazing. You can definitely quote me on that. 

I hope so. Photoreal talking animal live action needs to go away ASAP.

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

Forgot about Gladiator 2. I wonder if that could actually be a giant smash breakout if the quality is there. The original is probably one of the most loved blockbusters of all time 

I'm crossing fingers for TGM-like surprise - quality + boxoffice - cause cast is incredible. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Remember the movie Shame? Fassbender does full front in it and shows his massive dong. Also this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/charlize-theron-michael-fassbender-penis_n_1362637

Quoting Charlize Theron:

"Your penis was a revelation. I'm available to work with it anytime," she said as the audience roared with laughter. "I have to say that I was truly impressed that you chose to play it big. Most other actors would have gone small, trust me.

Incredible 

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Two things that are awesome about this tweet. One that's a great opening day even though it includes previews which was early afternoon start times. Second grade thing about this is that this indicates Indiana Jones made more than 11 million dollars on July 4th so the discount Tuesdays must have been pretty prevalent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

If WB took a leaf out of Sound of Freedom’s ticket giveaway they could easily get Flash past The Little Mermaid. 

Well, the 1989 one….

Angel Studios isn't spending its own money there: they get fans who want to support the movie's message and crowdfund the "free" tickets that way. That doesn't work for the umpteenth $200M comic book movie from a 100 year old movie studio, though I bet some execs from the big 5 will soon be exploring how they could implement such a strategy.

23 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

So like,,,,,, 

what’s the context here?

Also when the Sony emails were hacked, there was this revelation (among others):

Another Sony big-wig – well, maybe not so big – commented on Fassbender’s private parts, which were noticeably on display a few years back in the film Shame.

Sony producer Michael De Luca wrote that Fass “makes you feel bad to have normal sized genitalia.” Guess that’s what qualifies as a compliment in Tinseltown these days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

At the risk of a :capmadcavalcade, I am going to say that I do think homophobia hurt that movie to some extent. Of course, it was simply never appealing enough to truly be successful, but that lesbian kiss made so many headlines you have to think at least some conservative parents took note of it and decided the movie was too spicy for their children. It was a precursor to the bigger shitstorm Strange World faced.

By comparison, Elemental's queer character wasn't even known up until the week of release, and even then the movie itself barely pays any attention to it aside from a quick pronoun drop, so no one really noticed it.

It seems that Disney not longer think that announcing their (minor) LGBTQ+ characters with fanfare is going to bring them more benefits.

I'm not totally sure if this is good or bad.