Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

3 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

The Little Mermaid remake was like this. So much padding and filler compared to the original animated movie. 

Yeah that’s just puzzling

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

It is atrocious. I stopped taking my girlfriend with me because of how bad most main shows end up being.

I'm a regular moviegoer in Portugal, big city (this year about 15 times), and I'm yet to encounter such behavior, in my years of coming to the cinemas, I provably can count on my hands the times I was bothered by phones and with people talking. I'm not saying that what are you saying is false, but in my experience it's quite the opposite.

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

And that’s different than CinemaScore and PostTrak how, exactly? The way I see it, the fact that RT Verified Audience shows a bigger sample - while still very much flawed like the other options to gauge that - at very least gives it a veneer of legitimacy. I

Cinemascore ask everyone that was in the theater, it is a less biased sample (it as issue, it is about Californian or somewhere sample) and the type that go see a movie early in release at a certain time, but much better that the very strange sample of people that want to take step to rate a movie on RT

31 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Cinemascore ask everyone that was in the theater, it is a less biased sample (it as issue, it is about Californian or somewhere sample) and the type that go see a movie early in release at a certain time, but much better that the very strange sample of people that want to take step to rate a movie on RT

Doesn’t the sheer amount of people that review films let’s say on rt verified offset the small random sample from CS and PT? Sure there will be the fanboys and the haters, but what about everyone in between?

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Doesn’t the sheer amount of people that review films let’s say on rt verified offset the small random sample from CS and PT? Sure there will be the fanboys and the haters, but what about everyone in between?

If your sample is random you do not need to be big (a 3,000 really random sample will be good for a 320 millions population) if it is biased you need almost everyone for it to matter.

How that is not a fanboy or an haters would take the time to take steps to review a movie.... in an anonymous way not in a letterbox trying to gain something from it way.... usually not enough to dilute the activist voters.

Can you imagine an elderly doing that, taking a picture of a movie stub to rate a movie on RTs ? Easy to fill a very small piece of paper and a pen given by someone with like 6 question on it when you walk of a room.

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

It has already made more than the original film adjusted and it just keeps going, besides presenting a new Ariel that people seem to really love. It’s a kids movie, doing what a kids movie should do it seems. If you liked the original The Little Mermaid as a kid odds are that despite nostalgia, it kinda isn’t made with you in mind, really.

It's still flabby and weak compared to the animated masterpiece. 

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Sorry if it has been posted but seems like Warner Bros will now attempt to take market of Imported Animation (From Universal) Currently, Live-action is fully monopolies by them in Japan.

Is this a TV show or a movie?

Edited by Boxx93

33 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

This looks just stupid enough to be fun. Strong staff list - director was a major storyboard artist on JoJo and especially Jujutsu Kaisen, written by the creator of Re:Zero (Tappei Nagatsuki) and his Vivy co-writer Eiji Umehara, and it's got the powerhouse staff of Wit Studio behind it. Isekai isn't exactly my cup of tea usually unless it's really, REALLY good but I'm glad they got the writer of my favourite isekai (Re:Zero) to helm this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

This looks just stupid enough to be fun. Strong staff list - director was a major storyboard artist on JoJo and especially Jujutsu Kaisen, written by the creator of Re:Zero (Tappei Nagatsuki) and his Vivy co-writer Eiji Umehara, and it's got the powerhouse staff of Wit Studio behind it. Isekai isn't exactly my cup of tea usually unless it's really, REALLY good but I'm glad they got the writer of my favourite isekai (Re:Zero) to helm this.

Looking at this staff and how good the trailer looks, I'm way more excited for this than the Rick and Morty anime.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Looking at this staff and how good the trailer looks, I'm way more excited for this than the Rick and Morty anime.

Definitely. They mentioned at the panel too that if it's received well they wanna do more DC anime like this. I actually appreciate the fact it's a full show and not some one off film too, if it's a show that means they must have real confidence in it.

• Like 2