baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

People have their blinders on and they're going to see what they want to see

and fun fact: it's been this way since....

*googles "when were the first people on Earth"*

~5 million years ago. :) 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

99% RT score

Following on from the Maverick phenomenon of a year ago. 

Dead Reckoning. The floor is yours…..

tom cruise GIF

Between the last few MI movies being really good and Maverick, I might have stupidly predicted the movie coming in second for the summer.

But maybe fate will vindicate me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Between the last few MI movies being really good and Maverick, I might have stupidly predicted the movie coming in second for the summer.

At least you didn't choose indy for number 1 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

• Community Manager
Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

I forget what I put as number one. Maybe Barbie? Lol

Honestly I forget where I placed most movies 

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

You made a great choice DOM (since I also had it #2)...but threading GOTG 3 and Spidey is gonna be pretty hard now, but not impossible...

27 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You did like I did and said for the weekend of June 30

Edited by DAR

• Community Manager

Wait I picked Mi dead reckoning to win the summer whoops. Barbie as number two. 

And Indie to come in third. I am horrible at predicting box office. 

In fact looking at my list probably the worst list possible.

IMG_20230709_131903_448.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

If this was a new franchise getting those reviews I would say it had a great chance but the this franchise has a ceiling with its dedicated audience and getting newbies on board in substantial numbers is probably a lot to ask at this point. 

• Like 1

Wait I picked Mi dead reckoning to win the summer whoops. Barbie as number two. 

And Indie to come in third. I am horrible at predicting box office. 

In fact looking at my list probably the worst list possible.

IMG_20230709_131903_448.jpg

Well, if there's any consolation..... Ummmmmm..... Errrr. I dunno, hard to look on the bright side when Verstappen is still doing his thing

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Well, if there's any consolation..... Ummmmmm..... Errrr. I dunno, hard to look on the bright side when Verstappen is still doing his thing

My consolation is people peer pressured me to do this when I had just finished a night shoot and was exhausted and just did it based on what seemed right to my very tired brain. 

• Like 1

My consolation is people peer pressured me to do this when I had just finished a night shoot and was exhausted and just did it based on what seemed right to my very tired brain. 

That excuse smells like bitch

Great numbers for Insidious. Second highest opening in the series behind Chapter 2's $41 million, even if WOM is much worse across the board. I suspect the studio doesn't care though considering how it's made already with that $64M WW worldwide total on it's low budget. There is an Insidious spin-off happening as well so I suspect they will be announcing a release date for that as soon as possible.

Indy hold isn't amazing but not as terrible as I was thinking (I was predicting a 60-65% drop as opposed to the 56% we did get). Again the real issue here is just that it opened so low compared to it's budget that it will struggle to make any sort of profit regardless. Right now I think it holds decently against MI7 it can crawl to $400M WW but if it doesn't then it's done, goodbye, rest in peace.

Love to see Transformers cross $400M. Still wish it did better in the long run but it's been holding decently well and will likely get to $150M domestic by next weekend.

Still uniquely fascinated by Elemental's run though. Holding exceptionally well in the dailies, overseas numbers keep getting better, it's probably my favourite run out of the summer movies so far for how unique it's fairing compared to other tentpoles. Tempted to call $450M WW on it right now but it's also a bit early I think.

• Like 1