CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

oh no, you're not thinking of Clod. Clod is a young boy earth Element who tries to go on a date with Ember.

I mean maybe they thought he was small breakout character like the Sloth hence why they promoted him in marketing. 

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I can't really take this Sound of Freedom run seriously with the pay it forward campaign. Unless they announce the split, this is all bullshit numbers to get it to 100M+.

a lot of "not right wingers" seem to be having trouble with charity. it's interesting 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Disney got spooked with the word "Princess" after The Princess and the Frog so I guess it would be "Disney's A"

They also historically have never used Princess in their animated canon titles, that was literally the only time… 

With regards to the Moore Bonds, I watched AVTAK a while ago and the first half is actually decent (if somewhat workmanlike) entertainment, and the focus on horses is refreshing and unique(?) for a spy film. However, as soon as Bond's cover is blown and they go to San Francisco, the whole thing falls apart completely. Should have kept it in UK/Europe and more in line with the first half, could have been a solid entry into the Bond canon.

Most of the earlier LA remakes were a bit risky at the time. Though Alice and Maleficent would have both preceded Tomorrowland, but Jungle Book was also a risk. Especially with that massive budget and no one really being sure what the animated film’s modern relevancy was like… 

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The McQ Mission Impossible films are my favourites (including DR Pt 1) of the franchise but say Brad Bird had taken over after Ghost Protocol it would have been hella fun.

He was supposed to do Rogue Nation but there was scheduling conflicts with Tomorrowland, and I'm pretty sure Bird wanted to do Tomorrowland more cause that was a massive passion project.

Stanton and Bird doing such blah live action projects for Disney was so disappointing. They kinda ruined it for everyone bc Disney likely saw them as top creatives, so if they couldn’t make something different/less known work, no one could. 

• Like 1