kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is why I post every free and cheap ticket deal I find.  Partly, it's to help the trackers know when a movie might have a blip, but partly it's to help movie fans to see more movies when money is a factor, and if you have a family, money is ALWAYS a factor:).

I do hope some of you got in on SoF, Cobweb, and TMNT this month...

@TwoMisfits you’re always good for posting deals. I know people must appreciate it. 

I agree that having a family slows down the trips. That’s inevitable. I’m not convinced it’s relatively more expensive than it’s ever been though.  Take inflation into account etc. 

if people spend an absolute ton on snacks etc, then sure. But seeing a movie is still a very decent value experience in my opinion. 

• Like 3

The reason I think mission Impossible will be number three this weekend is that there's no reason for sound of  freedom to increase again this weekend. It's not adding any theaters and $200 million dollars worth of sales will flood the market. 

So let's say it decreases a small amount, 15%, 15% from 27 is around 5 million. So if it does 22 million, then mi7 is going to have to drop around 65% this weekend. I don't see that happening. I know it's losing IMAX but it's still an adults skewing movie and enough of them will come out this weekend to see it.

I guess I won't be surprised if it drops to number four but I'm pretty confident that it stays at number 3.

It is hard as an adult to plan for movie night. Doesn't mean we can't do it of course but @narniadis and others have explained it beautifully. You've got to plan for a babysitter, take care of the kids ....you've got dinner and so on and so on. It's just not as easy as it was when you're single with no kids. When I was married and I had step kids, between teaching them how to ride a bike and then getting the driver's license and hockey practice and baseball practice everything else in between, you get tired and you want to as for this weekend I would love to see stupid numbers from barbie. Ask someone else mentioned go out and do things but you just don't

As for this weekend I would love to see some stupid numbers from barbie. Someone else pointed out trades are expecting about 100 million maybe 125 and then the studio actually said they're hoping for 75 LOL. Maybe it's not going to hit what some of the users here are thinking it will but if it does something stupid like 175 million it's going to cause meltdowns whether it's here or in Hollywood or both.

1 hour ago, LegionWrex said:

Wondering how much SOF is going to make this weekend in general. Will it's legs be cut by Barbenheimer? Will it even matter? Could this be the first $200M domestic grosser to make a total of $10 overseas? Time will tell.

Other then that these are actually pretty good numbers for MI7 who is going to struggle come this weekend. My only hope is that the drop isn't too bad. Great movie too, sucks to see it having issues.

And then of course #ElementalSweep. It continues!

With a Mexico open confirmed, it won't be as bad as $10, but I could see a 90-10 final DOM/WW, unless Angel Studios really decides to try to open this everywhere.  I foresee a few more select countries for opening, and then a sale to streaming...

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

The reason I think mission Impossible will be number three this weekend is that there's no reason for sound of  freedom to increase again this weekend. It's not adding any theaters and $200 million dollars worth of sales will flood the market. 

So let's say it decreases a small amount, 15%, 15% from 27 is around 5 million. So if it does 22 million, then mi7 is going to have to drop around 65% this weekend. I don't see that happening. I know it's losing IMAX but it's still an adults skewing movie and enough of them will come out this weekend to see it.

I guess I won't be surprised if it drops to number four but I'm pretty confident that it stays at number 3.

It is hard as an adult to plan for movie night. Doesn't mean we can't do it of course but @narniadis and others have explained it beautifully. You've got to plan for a babysitter, take care of the kids ....you've got dinner and so on and so on. It's just not as easy as it was when you're single with no kids. When I was married and I had step kids, between teaching them how to ride a bike and then getting the driver's license and hockey practice and baseball practice everything else in between, you get tired and you want to as for this weekend I would love to see stupid numbers from barbie. Ask someone else mentioned go out and do things but you just don't

As for this weekend I would love to see some stupid numbers from barbie. Someone else pointed out trades are expecting about 100 million maybe 125 and then the studio actually said they're hoping for 75 LOL. Maybe it's not going to hit what some of the users here are thinking it will but if it does something stupid like 175 million it's going to cause meltdowns whether it's here or in Hollywood or both.

It’ll be interesting to see what gets the spillover for people that can’t get in to see Barbie and Oppenheimer. You’d think Mission would benefit more than SoF on that front. 

I’m with you and think Mission will get 3rd

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

The reason I think mission Impossible will be number three this weekend is that there's no reason for sound of  freedom to increase again this weekend

The doritos factor

https://deadline.com/2023/07/donald-trump-sound-of-freedom-jim-caviezel-1235437088/

its taking place today

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I'm rooting for Elemental to beat Indy this weekend. Does anyone else think this is possible?

I think it's happening, Indiana Jones probably dropping over 50 again. Elemental will hold well because it's the only animated movie in the marketplace.

• Like 1

Elemental it's pretty much guaranteed to go past Indy this weekend. It is the only animated film out there and it's holds are out of this world right now. Indy is pretty much all but forgotten already and it's going to drop considerably.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm rooting for Elemental to beat Indy this weekend. Does anyone else think this is possible?

I think so. I have Elemental at 7.1m this weekend, so if Indy drops another 50% it will make 6.2. 

Edited by harry713

Man... This thread serves as happy reminder of why I haven't and never plan to have kids. What's that Marc Maron joke... "You know, you didn't have to those..." I see whatever, whenever and do whatever, whenever and it's glorious. Incredibly selfish but glorious nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Man... This thread serves as happy reminder of why I haven't and never plan to have kids. What's that Marc Maron joke... "You know, you didn't have to those..." I see whatever, whenever and do whatever, whenever and it's glorious. Incredibly selfish but glorious nonetheless. 

It's the dichotomy of "kids are wonderful and glorious miracles from god" and "I'M FUCKING KILLING MYSELF JUST TO KEEP THESE LITTLE SHITS ALIVE" that a lot of parents do. It makes me so averse to that idea.

• Haha 3