kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

MI legs are about to be cut off on Thurs by Barbenheimer. Sad that they couldn't see Iny flop coming sooner and just opened IM one week earlier, or at least moved MI to mid August so it could get PLF screens longer.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

MI-7's performance isn't great but it is what it is.

That being said, I'm really excited about Oppenheimer. It feels like a very long time that we got a major 3-hr adult dramatic film open in wide release. It feels like a release from a different time.

A lot of the younger generation has probably never even experienced it because it's something that used to happen a lot back in the day. Movies like Schindlers List and X (i.e Malcolm X) were actually "event movies" when they opened (X in particular even had a massive amount of merchandise) and were adult oriented. Even movies like Disclosure and The Firm got a fair amount of hype when they opened.

To be clear, I have no problems with big budget franchises (see my display pic) but variety is the spice of life.

• Like 6

I remember when I used to think not making it to a movie I wanted to see in the theater meant I wasnt interested. Then real life happened. Its hard enough to find time to watch a full movie at home during the week when one is shuffling all of life and kids and living. 

My wife and I have been trying to watch the MI series since she hasn't seen and we have been hung up on the time just on 5 and 6. By the time our kids are down and we can even think about it, its too late with work the next day. Let alone finding time to go to the theater - which for us would be a 5-6hr total time frame and a babysitter. 

Its not all cut and dried as the young pups seem to think in this thread. 

• Like 8
  • Heart 1

43 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I remember when I used to think not making it to a movie I wanted to see in the theater meant I wasnt interested. Then real life happened. Its hard enough to find time to watch a full movie at home during the week when one is shuffling all of life and kids and living. 

My wife and I have been trying to watch the MI series since she hasn't seen and we have been hung up on the time just on 5 and 6. By the time our kids are down and we can even think about it, its too late with work the next day. Let alone finding time to go to the theater - which for us would be a 5-6hr total time frame and a babysitter. 

This post should be pinned. 

Adulting sucks sometimes. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, narniadis said:

This is something I find it very relatable. As real life commitment become heavier, having a big group of friends or families to theater become harder and harder. Back then, having a 10+ people going to a movie with me isn't that challenging regardless of what movie it is. A big movie like JW or Avengers or FF would certainly got me 20+ others to tag along. But today it is becoming harder to replicate that "success" as our time are pre-filled by various commitment. The biggest moviegoing group I had in recent years was Avatar 2 and that was only 9. 

• Like 3

Obviously some people have less free time and some have more, but you can always make 4 hours for something you’re really excited about. If there’s medium interest than busyness becomes more of a factor.

• Like 2

I am a millennial. When I was in school I watched so many movies. Like I wouldn't consider myself as a big movie lover but usually when my friends and I go out they would suggest watching a movie so we would go. I probably watched on average 2-3 movies a month, and for me that's a lot. When we grew older people stopped suggesting going to the movies. It's usually hanging out at someone's place or going out for dinner. Then my job got really busy. I was flying 20 times a month. The only times I watched movies were when I am on long haul flights. I managed to catch up on a lot of movies during these flights. Maybe I am just not picky but I didn't mind watching them on a small screen with a crappy plane headphone. For the last 6 or 7 years or so, I have only been to the theatre twice and they were both to watch Nolan movies.

• Like 1