Eric Furiosa

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Nolan trying to push these IMAX 70mm cameras and projectors to their limits isn't always a good thing.

70mm regular film I assume works fine compared to the bigger IMAX 70mm. 

He should embrace the 1.43 aspect ratio Dual Laser projection. Demand that IMAX upgrade all the 70mm IMAX screens to be Dual Laser capable. There are very few Dual Laser IMAX screens in the world, only like 10 of them in USA. Dual Laser IMAX provides a phenomenal experience very similar to a flawless 70mm IMAX film showing, but Dual Laser IMAX has none of the technical difficulties and problems of film projection. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Nolan trying to push these IMAX 70mm cameras and projectors to their limits isn't always a good thing.

70mm regular film I assume works fine compared to the bigger IMAX 70mm. 

uhh why

IMAX film and IMAX auditoriums are meant for each other

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Barbie 2 will open to $250m+ if it opens before end of 2025.

RUSH that mf into production for Christmas 2025!

Barbie 2 is prob screwed if they can’t get all the main players back on board, and it sounds very likely they will not. Then again, $$$

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He should embrace the 1.43 aspect ratio Dual Laser projection. Demand that IMAX upgrade all the 70mm IMAX screens to be Dual Laser capable. There are very few Dual Laser IMAX screens in the world, only like 10 of them in USA. Dual Laser IMAX provides a phenomenal experience very similar to a flawless 70mm IMAX film showing, but Dual Laser IMAX has none of the technical difficulties and problems of film projection. 

Instead of getting rid of the 70mm ones just upgrade all the bad Xenon imax with Laser

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Barbie 2 is prob screwed if they can’t get all the main players back on board, and it sounds very likely they will not. Then again, $$$

No doubt the main 3 will be back, be serious. It will be the same "if the story is good enough", followed a few months later by "I just cant believe that we came up something even better".

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, I don't know how they could create Barbie 2. The ending of the movie is pretty closed for Barbie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

No doubt the main 3 will be back, be serious. It will be the same "if the story is good enough", followed a few months later by "I just cant believe that we came up something even better".

Gerwig seems pretty anti-sequel for it, but the amount of money WB will throw at her… yeah, it prob happens. 

5 minutes ago, Kon said:

Honestly, I don't know how they could create Barbie 2. The ending of the movie is pretty closed for Barbie.

Oh WB will create one, have no fear lol. But watch it be another LEGO 2 situation (fitting perhaps since Barbie is drawing LEGO parallels). 

Edited by MovieMan89

9 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Assuming the 47 / 23 holds, we're looking at 153-163 for Barbie and 72-81 for Oppy. Great stuff. If holdovers do well enough we're looking at a top 5 all-time total weekend. 

Don't see how Oppy goes that low, floor is 80 imo

6 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Just booked my ticket for Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX.  August 5th show and it's 80%+ sold.

IKR it's insane.

And imagine going into the theater and thinking "These people also bought far in advance.