Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ha, I said when the trailer debuted last week Wonka was Barbie’s next core audience waiting to happen. All of the meltdowns here when Chalamet can’t stop  niche sci-fi from tanking with Dune 2, but Wonka blows up are probably gonna be epic 

Dune 2 could probably flop. But some people refuse the meltdown when it pribably hapoens let me bookmark this for an Told you so if it happens if not well... Good for Chalamet. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Like 1

Barbie 2 will happen like joker 2 happened and Fury Road is getting "a sequel" too.

Something different is like a sequel- prequel- spin off but in some way a sequel too. 

The first movie is good cause you have all these secondary characters people became friendly with but they are not that used. So you can return on them.

Also the plot calling all these characters Barbie and kens Is smart cause Robbie and Gosling are not the only ken and Barbie. 

The movie can be about a new doll in Barbie Land and her- his story which create some strange thing in that world and Robbie Gosling can make a cameo or a little role.

I doubt gerwig would direct again but just a writing- storyboard involvment Is possibile 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

On the weekend Avengers: Endgame debuted, there was a total of $396 million spent on movie tickets.

I wonder if anything can beat that. It might take a humongous debut and a lot of good holdovers.

It can (and will) be beaten eventually. What probably won't be beaten is the actual amount of tickets sold that weekend, which is something in the ~38M range.

FWIW, this weekend will be in the ~25M range. 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Between this and Mario it really does feel like the beginning of a new era. It just feel like super hero films are no longer king of the hill.

Beginning of a new era? Not exactly. Those movies are just the latest in a line of movies that leaned heavily on name recognition and nostalgia. Take a look at all the non superhero films that have topped the BO in recent years and you'll see the majority fall into this category. I know some are eager for a "new era" but what we're seeing now is just more of the same era... with a Nolan or a Peele occasionally crashing the nostalgia/superhero party. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He was great. Much better than Paul Newman in the 1989 movie on this subject. I’m a big fan of Paul Newman, but I think the critics were right to complain about his performance in that 1989 movie.

Damon had wonderful chemistry with Murphy. At the moment my favorite scene of the movie is when Damon & Murphy first meet each other. 

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

He’s good in the movie but hardly a scene stealer

Haha slightly different takes but I’ll take it! Excited to see it. He was really good in Air, a fave of mine from this year 

"Dune 2" and "flopping" should never ever be used in the same sentence, except for negating the "flopping" part. Even thinking about Dune 2 possibly beeing a flop is a crime against cinema.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

It can (and will) be beaten eventually. What probably won't be beaten is the actual amount of tickets sold that weekend, which is something in the ~38M range.

FWIW, this weekend will be in the ~25M range. 

That Avatar 2009 X-Mas weekend - $270M without previews - is probably the only other weekend (since 2000) in the 30M+ FSS admit level 

• Like 1