Eric Furiosa

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Hell yeah.

Is this the first report all weekend where Barbie has exceeded expectations (I know Barbie has exceeded all general expectations, but I feel like it's performed at or slightly below projections based on tracking)?? Perfect ending to an all-timer of a weekend. 

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I think the only films to open over 160m and miss a billion are Batman v Superman, Wakanda Forever and Multiverse of Madness...

Saturday to Sunday drops for these movies were 33%, 27%, 33%. Barbie's Sunday drop is in a whole different territory. TDK is probably the best comparison I can think of. It opened in Mid-July, had a 47.7M Saturday and 43.6M Sunday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I think the only films to open over 160m and miss a billion are Batman v Superman, Wakanda Forever and Multiverse of Madness...

THE BARBILLION IS REAL

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

Barbie and Oppenheimer coming in over estimates puts the overall weekend very close to Infinity War's. Wonder if the holdovers can scrounge up an extra million or so in their actuals to put it over the edge.

Elemental will help certainly. 👍

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

That may be the most impressive Sun hold I have ever seen if Barbie does that, since there’s no holiday involved whatsoever.

It will be very interesting to see what studios take away from this thought. I’m not so sure they will be gung ho on reattempting the dual major new releases strategy again despite the success, when it’s 100% clear with Sunday’s number that Barbie’s OW was held back by lack of screens from the comp.  

Granted, Im sure it will make up for it in the coming weeks, but hard to say if the studio will see it that way, esp when they are so trained to look at box office as opening weekend these days. 

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$23M for Oppy puts it right in line with Inception’s 11.8% drop on Sunday. Dunkirk’s drop was almost 25%. I would not mind one bit if Oppy keeps tracking with Inception daily percentages, lol

47% drop on monday is hard