upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

Jesus what is the 2nd weekend going to be?

Definitely an unprecedented run happening here. Seems the audience are hungry for new stories and franchises. I know it’s based on IP but it looking fresh and fun is a big reason for its success after the overload of CGI superhero snorefests.

• Like 3

Just now, wildphantom said:

It’s possible if weds number is almost flat that the movie goes level with where Mario was after its second weekend - getting there two days quicker. 

$600 million is looking more and more realistic now. 

I can see it getting to roughly 650M in the high end. Truly extraordinary!

Spoiler

Though going higher than that seems impossible.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

A FLAT Wednesday???

WHAT

To quote Winston wolf I wouldn't start sucking each other's dicks just yet. Presales are strong but they're not nearly as strong as yesterday at least in my area.

• Like 5

I went into the office yesterday (I usually work from home) and everybody was talking about these two movies. 
I also had numerous conversations with guys who now realise Barbie isn’t what they thought it was and were now planning to go. 

We’re underestimating those that wouldn’t see a Barbie movie based on expecting it to be conventional, now flocking via WOM. The hold could be extraordinary this weekend. 

• Like 4

Just now, baumer said:

To quote Winston wolf I wouldn't start sucking each other's dicks just yet. Presales are strong but they're not nearly as strong as yesterday at least in my area.

Yep this might be another "30M Monday" situation since its so early, but the pure possibility that Wednesday might stay flat is already very exciting.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Isn't Canada usually lot stronger than US on discount Tuesdays though ? Might explain if there is a dropoff in Wednesday in Canada

• Like 1

Some users always try to kill the enthusiasm about Barbie (which btw is free). And then Barbie always overtakes the prediction.

No One dies if then makes 24M and not 26.

Let people enjoy this very unpredictable box office run this movie Is having. 

😅

Edited by vale9001

Just now, WorkingonaName said:

Barbie Bros are winning

When Barbie and Super Mario are the two biggest movies of the year, Universal and WB decide that both movies sequels release on the same day in 2026.

900M OW.

• Heart 1