upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

Waiting a bit to see on that 26 number, but if it happens I think #3 all time 2nd weekend is a possibility. 

Thats how it gets there with nearly the same holds as TDK second weekend. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mall of Georgia added a 3:20am screening for Oppy Saturday “night”

70mm IMAX locations need to keep showing the film until Dune/The Marvels. It would probably be theaters’ best interest of their bottom line if other IMAX screens did the same.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Am I the only one that finds this type of "news" to be incredibly dull and boring?  

She is being asked if she specifically wants to direct Bond/action/superhero/etc types of films and then it's fucking news when she doesn't flat out say no??

Welcome to every “news” site being clickbait trash.

33 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Barbie: $97.27m

Oppie: $55.93m

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Barbie - $87.5m

Oppenheimer - $48.3m

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Barbie - $109.5m

Oppy - $55.5m 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shawn said:

BARBIE 97.042M

OPPENHEIMER 58.042M

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I would love to hear Spielberg’s opinion on Oppenheimer. 

You know he would love it, I mean how could he not?

I have a different view on capacity. It would be chaotic and complete mayhem if theatres can pull screenings at will like they do in China for instance. It's a good thing that distributors can have certain control. Otherwise a small film would never get a chance and other motives could come into play (political). If a distributor didn't book enough screens for a hit, it's on them. I remember when I was working in a 18 screen multiplex in the UK during Bond and despite Bond having 10 screens, they decided to add 3 more and cancelled a tons of other shows. Turned out that 25 people's ticket had to be refunded and they never had a chance to watch that film. I felt so terrible for them. I don't care if the cinema made more money allowing extra people in, they screwed the experience for 25 people and it's awful. Terrible customer service. Especially in a bloody multiplex when literally Bond had a showing in a every half an hour. Now I understand that sometimes if a film does terribly and another one breaks out, you do make changes. I'm not saying you shouldn't. Just don't choke other films.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Ummm I thought you guys were joking when you posted that pic of a 8ball and uno movie. WtF

Did you ... actually expect Mattel to not go full turbo capitalism on Barbie and its other propertys?