setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

If WB is smart they will delay streaming and dvd releases until Thanksgiving. Barbie needs to be a 16 week theater exclusive at least.

Just look at  how TGM did with a long theater run.

I agree. Let it stay in theaters for as long as they can. That should be the mindset especially for a movie this huge.

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:
- (-) Insidious: The Red Door Sony Pictures $300,000 -30% -68% 1,914 $157 $79,310,795 27
- (-) Spider-Man: Across the Sp… Sony Pictures $155,000 -33% -70% 833 $186 $379,411,240 62
- (-) Transformers: Rise of the… Paramount Pi… $34,000 -31% -78% 275 $124 $156,784,620 55

TMNT spacing and start of school drops...

We'll be seeing a percent of schools go back from now through Labor Day week with the most centered on Aug 21 and Aug 28th weeks...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I agree. Let it stay in theaters for as long as they can. That should be the mindset especially for a movie this huge.

Don't think they're in any hurry. Both it and Oppie will be in cinemas for a long time. They should also make sure it's not on free streaming (Max, Peacock, Prime or whatever) until after Oscar season re-expansions for both, ESPECIALLY IMAX for Oppie. Milk the shit out of these movies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I really don't understand why he does that. 🤣 I mean, it shouldn't be difficult. 😅

What's annoying is that he obviously doesn't just do it for every movie. It's like a fucking Grace Randolph move. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

I mean, "not for critics" is legit if film critics literally don't get the source (Mario) or don't care for a specific film that audiences get (Night of the Living Dead, Scrooged). Shark movies that review poorly generally aren't worth it (Jaws the Revenge is a great example) and I haven't heard anyone hyping Meg 2 like it's actually anticipated.

Okay but seriously though, why are there so many shark movies? It reminds me of when dogecoin popped off and there ended up being a million copycat dogcoins sprouting up after it. Is this all because of Jaws being the father of all blockbusters way back in the 70s?

KF04FQ8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

TMNT' Wednesday number is a reminder of just how bad MI7 did on OD Wed. TMNT did 3.9m on Tuesday preview but jump to $6.3m Wed. On the other hand,, MI7 had a $7m preview but only $8.5m Wed. 

Meh. I think we're all onboard with MI7 underperforming, but burning more demand off with a nearly 3 hours movie appealing mostly to adults does justify the weak number for that particular day. It was everything that followed, especially the weekend and then Barbenheimer killing it that was the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Okay but seriously though, why are there so many shark movies? It reminds me of when dogecoin popped off and there ended up being a million copycat dogcoins sprouting up after it. Is this all because of Jaws being the father of all blockbusters way back in the 70s?

KF04FQ8.jpg

This is the best one:

Shark Exorcist (2015) - IMDb

RLM has a good video on "watchbait"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

KF04FQ8.jpg

What's fun they create the idea of sharks being the most dangerous creature in the universe while deaths for Shark Attacks have been 46 in all the US ...in the last 23 years.

Dogs kill more people 😆

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

TMNT' Wednesday number is a reminder of just how bad MI7 did on OD Wed. TMNT did 3.9m on Tuesday preview but jump to $6.3m Wed. On the other hand,, MI7 had a $7m preview but only $8.5m Wed. 

TMNT is only 1 hour 39 minutes. A full day with morning shows meant probably two extra shows per screen compared to previews, that would boost a kids movie (in the summer) a lot.

M:I 7 is over an hour longer and its previews started at 2 PM. The first "full day" only meant one extra morning show vs the day before. On a non-holiday weekday, most theaters probably weren't selling out Dead Reckoning at 10:30 on a Wednesday morning.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

KF04FQ8.jpg

I see they have the goat listed.

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (Video 2002) - IMDb 

Features John Barrowman with the greatest line in cinema history(NSFW):

https://youtu.be/w1XOfHax6Q8

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

TMNT is only 1 hour 39 minutes. A full day with morning shows meant probably two extra shows per screen compared to previews, that would boost a kids movie (in the summer) a lot.

M:I 7 is over an hour longer and its previews started at 2 PM. The first "full day" only meant one extra morning show vs the day before. On a non-holiday weekday, most theaters probably weren't selling out Dead Reckoning at 10:30 on a Wednesday morning.

I agree, it's not a like for like comparison. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What's fun they create the idea of sharks being the most dangerous creature in the universe while deaths for Shark Attacks have been 46 in all the US ...in the last 23 years.

Dogs kill more people 😆

TBF sharks look scary, dogs can be scary and cute.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

KF04FQ8.jpg

If you looks closely a fair amount of those would be irrelevant to box office because a big chunk of them are direct to video/streaming.