Gavin Feng

Weekdays Thread: Barbie $9.1M MON | $9.6M TUES

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Amazing. 

How much will Robbie make from Barbie? 

we don't have any news about it, and probably will never have it cause how much money every producer make with a movie usually it's not something that becames public.

we don't have news about bonuses  or something else for the director and the actors too.  The only news is Robbie made 12.5M dollar with her basic cachet. 

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

we don't have any news about it, and probably will never have it cause how much money every producer make with a movie usually it's not something that becames public.

we don't have news about bonuses  or something else for the director and the actors too.  The only news is Robbie made 12.5M dollar with her basic cachet. 

I assume as producer, it'll be a lot! She's very business savvy so I imagine it'll more than she got for acting.

16 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Honestly i'm feeling for the Avatar saga something similar to the last Star wars trilogy. Movie will stay very big cause they are really global and huge in Asia, but Avatar 2 will stay as the peak of all these upcoming sequels.

People like the avatar movies though. 

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Wasn’t gosling paid 20m for barbie, or was that just a made-up figure I read somewhere? 

I've understood Margott Robbie and Ryan Gosling were paid 12.5m for their roles.

https://www.goodto.com/entertainment/how-much-were-margot-robbie-and-ryan-gosling-paid-for-barbie-net-worth

Of course, they (especially Robbie as producer) will make more money from other parts in their contracts.

Edited by Kon

21 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

People like the avatar movies though. 

i don't know. While people were kinda of exciting after the first movie i have heard a lot of my friends were kinda disappointed after the sequel... like "nothing special".  honestly i see the third doing less than the second. 

Probably always near to 2B, i'm not saying it's gonna lose like 1b all at once. 

25 minutes ago, Kon said:

I've understood Margott Robbie and Ryan Gosling were paid 12.5m for their roles.

https://www.goodto.com/entertainment/how-much-were-margot-robbie-and-ryan-gosling-paid-for-barbie-net-worth

Of course, they (especially Robbie as producer) will make more money from other parts in their contracts.

this kinda of movie definitely has bonuses and well whatever the goal is i bet it already reached that. 

Emma Watson was paid $3m upfront for her role as Belle. I think she hit $15m once the film hit $750m WW at the box office.

She should have said $30m if the film hit $1.25b...but hindsight is 20/20.

Robbie probably will make over $50m for her role in the film.

44 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

i don't know. While people were kinda of exciting after the first movie i have heard a lot of my friends were kinda disappointed after the sequel... like "nothing special".  honestly i see the third doing less than the second. 

Before TWOW I would have been in the "this is an IP no one cared about beyond 2009/2010" camp, but considering its legs in most markets and now the digital media sales...I don't think that argument holds water anymore. We all have anecdotal evidence, but everything about both movies' performance seems to point towards this being a quietly popular IP due to the visual spectacle, if nothing else. It's the kind of "I know this won't be ground-breaking story-telling, but it will be competent and it will blow my mind visually" movie that has the broadest possible appeal, from younger viewers to families, couples on dates, older viewers etc. Its unique visuals being a selling point also means a big skew towards PLF, leading to sell outs for weeks, which keeps the movie fresh in people's minds, even if it doesn't outright inspire passionate discussions. Honestly, what you are saying is EXACTLY what people said before the second one and we saw how that turned out...

Add to that the fact that the second actually has better, more impactful character work, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next one increases from TWOW.

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Before TWOW I would have been in the "this is an IP no one cared about beyond 2009/2010" camp, but considering its legs in most markets and now the digital media sales...I don't think that argument holds water anymore. We all have anecdotal evidence, but everything about both movies' performance seems to point towards this being a quietly popular IP due to the visual spectacle, if nothing else. It's the kind of "I know this won't be ground-breaking story-telling, but it will be competent and it will blow my mind visually" movie that has the broadest possible appeal, from younger viewers to families, couples on dates, older viewers etc. Its unique visuals being a selling point also means a big skew towards PLF, leading to sell outs for weeks, which keeps the movie fresh in people's minds, even if it doesn't outright inspire passionate discussions. Honestly, what you are saying is EXACTLY what people said before the second one and we saw how that turned out...

Add to that the fact that the second actually has better, more impactful character work, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next one increases from TWOW.

as I said people find avatar exciting, so i don't agree with your point "the saga wasn't loved". Personally I was expecting more than 2B for the first sequel. 

But a lot people said this wasn't special like the first one, so the could skip the next one. This sequel was interesting again cause 14 years in the making you can expect a new thing for what concern the tecnology. After just 3 years even that i don't think will hype again in the same way.

Also i have read people complaining about the fact they sold again the narrative "you have to see it in 3D" but they found it useless. So even if they're gonna to see it the third too they could choose the 2D this times. And this alone makes a difference for the box office. 

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Literally every reaction on You Tube states that 2 is better than 1.

If 3 is really good, I don’t see how it can do less than 2.

Barbie will pass TRoS this weekend but will need a very spectacular hold to pass RO and TDK, otherwise both are going down early next week.

Oppenheimer will pass The Hangover Part II on Saturday to climb a notch on the all-time R-rated list. After that, the original Hangover will fall in about 7-10 days.

• Like 1