Gavin Feng

Weekdays Thread: Barbie $9.1M MON | $9.6M TUES

25 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Apparently Deadpool 3 wasn't listed for May 3rd 2024 in Disney's release schedule from their recent shareholder meeting. Wish is also still set for November.

Source (slide 13): https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2023/08/Q3_FY23_Earnings_Presentation.pdf

Could be a miss but since this is an earnings release, its vetted multiple times and I expect Disney studio team to build that slide. So this slide is ahead of Deadpool's delay or go back to original release date. 

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I will say again, I did not have “21st Century Fox Acquisition will be Disney’s saving grace in a few years” on my bingo card at the time. 

And that goes to the knock that Iger's  only real accomplishments are buying up other companies Fox, Lucas Film, and Marvel of course. Other than that not much to hang his hat on. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Using XXRs template:

Disney 2024 Box Office Predictions (DOM / OS / WW)**

Elio = 200 / 400 / 600

Snow White = 175 / 300 / 475

Deadpool 3 = 385 / 640 / 1025 

Inside Out 2 = 275 / 500 / 775

Mufasa = 130 / 300 / 430

Cap 4 = 195 / 355 / 550

Thunderbolts = 200 / 360 / 560

**Subject to change at any moment because I can't always keep my predictions the same 😎 (Elio and Thunderbolts are 1000% stab in the dark at this point) 

In what world? how do you overrate inside out 2 and underrate Mufasa c'mon.. Inside out flopped and it is a new IP.. 

Once the promotions kick-off the Lion King prequel will be allover the place worldwide and families will eat it up.. Inside out has no promotion value in comparison

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 4
  • Knock It Off 1

Anecdotally Inside Out has had lasting power for those who were 15+ or above when it came out but not sure it appealed to smaller kids as much so not expecting a Dory or Incredibles 2 performance. I'd be more bullish on it matching the first one if Pete Docter was directing but $750M seems solid to me. 

Deadpool 3 will be massive sure people maybe tired of multiverse stuff but Jackman as Wolverine is a legit draw unlike old Indy or Keaton Batman.

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

In what world do you overrate inside out 2 and underrate Mufasa c'mon.. Inside out flopped and it is a new IP.. 

Once the promotions kick-off the Lion King prequel will be allover the place worldwide and families will eat it up.. Inside out has no promotion value in comparison

No way you just said Inside Out flopped... $850 M Worldwide as an original IP...

winonanew1.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

...whuh?

I confused inside out with another animation.. they are all blurring into each other lmao just kidding but yeah it didn't flop that one.. I confused it with onward. My bad🖐️

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

But lets be honest. No way in hell will Inside out 2 earn more then a LION KING prequel. 

Lion King had one of the best promotions of all time last time and will pull of another worldwide event type of promotions again. 

Edited by Geo1500

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Onward would have had epic WOM legs with no covid, but that’s another story… 

IO2 is poised to be Monsters University 2.0 I think. Not a flop, not bad, but not anything comparable to the first one’s success or acclaim. 

What makes you say that? A- Cinemascore isn't necessarily evidence of epic legs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

But lets be honest. No way in hell will Inside out 2 earn more then a LION KING prequel. 

Lion King had one of the best promotions of all time last time and will pull of another worldwide event type of promotions again. 

Yes but this time the discourse will be filled with how bad people thought TLK remake was. Now that may not extend to alot of audiences but it will have an effect.

• Like 1

Im going through some classics atm, and just finished 2001.

How the hell did Kubrick film, like, all of it? Im so baffled at how he made it look so realistic and then whatever the final half hour was had my jaw dropped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Im going through some classics atm, and just finished 2001.

How the hell did Kubrick film, like, all of it? Im so baffled at how he made it look so realistic and then whatever the final half hour was had my jaw dropped.

The ending is a WTF for sure. So is the beginning with the monkeys, lol

• Like 1