kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

It will be really interesting to see what happens if both Marvels and DP3 are not top tier level reception. It is clear that’s what has to happen now for them to be appealing. I really think the whole genre could go up in smoke for awhile if those two are meh. Hollywood isn’t just gonna sit by for very long and let all these CBMs lose money without starting to pull plugs. 

11 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Under-represented in movie going demograhic, but that's likely due to the fact that romcoms are no longer prevalent as they once were before the Netflix / Streaming Golden Age. 

Exactly. In fact, even before streaming, a lot of romance stories could be covered by TV shows.

No Way Home is the only recent Marvel movie where they tried to develop the characters. Every other recent Marvel movie doesn’t even try, the characters are just cardboard cutouts, and instead prioritize their nonsense worldbuilding. That puts it above all the others by default.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

Just now, Bob Train said:

No Way Home is the only recent Marvel movie where they tried to develop the characters. Every other recent Marvel movie doesn’t even try, the characters are just cardboard cutouts, and instead prioritize their nonsense worldbuilding. That puts it above all the other by the fault

Guardians 3 is all character

• Like 1

Someone said several pages back that Jackman’s last 3 Wolvie appearances have basically been marketed as his last. That’s kinda true actually, and I hadn’t thought about it before. The Wolverine was supposed to be a bit of a one more time redemption after everyone hated Origins. DOFP came out of nowhere with the multiverse esque stuff before that was a mainstream thing and gave him an unexpected “one last time” chance. Then we really got that angle hammered home with the very unexpected Logan. Maybe he won’t be much of a draw in DP3, how many “one more times” can you have (only one if you’re Indiana Jones)

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Someone said several pages back that Jackman’s last 3 Wolvie appearances have basically been marketed as his last. That’s kinda true actually, and I hadn’t thought about it before. The Wolverine was supposed to be a bit of a one more time redemption after everyone hated Origins. DOFP came out of nowhere with the multiverse esque stuff before that was a mainstream thing and gave him an unexpected “one last time” chance. Then we really got that angle hammered home with the very unexpected Logan. Maybe he won’t be much of a draw in DP3, how many “one more times” can you have (only one if you’re Indiana Jones)

Jackman won't be a big event. Deadpool 3 is another extremely overrated movie here. I see It way under the second movie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think something that’s gonna hurt DP 3 is that it’s almost guaranteed to be a mess. MoM level at best, but i feel like it’ll be another X3 Last Stand but with Thor 4 level jokes

30 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Women of any colour are really ignored by Hollywood

Hollywood tend to have issues with minorities representation, because they are a minority in USA. However, this wouldn't apply to white women, because they are likely the bigger group.

Hollywood just doesn't seem to know how to appeal women in a way TV shows or streaming couldn't.

I wouldn't even blame sexism. There were many sexist countries that have media (like soap operas) mainly aimed at women.

Edited by Kon

9 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

No Way Home is the only recent Marvel movie where they tried to develop the characters. Every other recent Marvel movie doesn’t even try, the characters are just cardboard cutouts, and instead prioritize their nonsense worldbuilding. That puts it above all the others by default.

If giving them the characters an arc implies giving all of them the intellect of a 5 year old that's not a very good character arc

no way home doesn't hold up at all because it is more focused on getting to the nostalgia than how. the things that happen in the film don't make any sense. peter parker suddenly being this stupid is just ridiculous. you can tell where things are about to go wrong 20 minutes before they actually do because it is obvious to everyone except the boy genius.

• Like 1

NWH isn’t the kind of film that holds up all that well when you’re not sitting with a large crowd that hasn’t seen it before. Still, from my observation, it seems FFH is the least popular of the trilogy. It’s the awkward middle child. 

I think DP3 would’ve definitely been a big deal if it had been the MCU film that followed NWH, but MoM already filled that role, so I don’t know if that’s going to deflate the hype at this point. I guess we’ll see. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

I think something that’s gonna hurt DP 3 is that it’s almost guaranteed to be a mess. MoM level at best, but i feel like it’ll be another X3 Last Stand but with Thor 4 level jokes

I do think Reynolds is pretty protective of the IP, so I’m not convinced yet it’s a big mess. Feel like he wouldn’t just be ok with that. 

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Marketing will probably be focused on finally bringing Wolverine to the MCU, and eventually getting an Avengers team with Wolverine in it. That’s the real angle and hype, not the “one last time” stuff.