kayumanggi

Weekdays | Aug 21 - 24 | Thursday Numbers | 2.29M BARBIE | 1.35M BLUE BEETLE | 1.28M OPPENHEIMER

25 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Summer 2024 doesn't look too promising...

cupcakke-crying.gif

Depends a bit on your definition of promising. But remember, there are always a couple of surprises quality-wise and/or at the box office.

• Like 1

i just saw barbie has already 254K votes on imdb. That's huge and a proof the movie is a way big phenomenon than just "girls movie" lol cause that IS NOT the imdb main audience (basically more film bros kinda- english language users).

I mean for example a big hit like The greatest showman has 297K votes after 6 years. 

As i said before Barbie is the female driven movie that is impacting general pop culture more since Titanic. And its multiplier is the proof. 

Edited by vale9001

50 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

?? 

Deadpool, Despicable me 4, and Mufasa are guaranteed hits. Inside out 2 has major breakout written all over it. Those 4 films have very good chances of crossing $1B 

Mufasa isn’t gonna do anything. The Disney live-action remakes ride off copying the story of the original and not changing anything. A sequel is guaranteed to drop hugely because it’s not backed by nostalgia.  Also they’ve got the writer of the last Pirates movie and Indiana Jones 4 working on it. 

Rn I’m predicting Alice 1 -> Alice 2 drop for it, although if it’s bad could be even worse because audiences are less willing to watch bad movies in theaters now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Depends a bit on your definition of promising. But remember, there are always a couple of surprises quality-wise and/or at the box office.

Agreed. No one saw anything coming close to passing Mario WW, much less beating Mario by a margin of $150m like Barbie is doing. There will always be movies that connect with people and breakout, which is why saying their won’t be any billion grossers next year is probably gonna turn out wrong.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

?? 

Deadpool, Despicable me 4, and Mufasa are guaranteed hits. Inside out 2 has major breakout written all over it. Those 4 films have very good chances of crossing $1B 

I’m assuming Deadpool III will get pushed out of summer. DM4 I agree on, but BOT is overestimating Mufasa. The gp is over Disney live action remakes and re-imaginings. 

46 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Do you think imax release will hurt upcoming weeks for barbie cause some people who didnt see it will wait for imax release

upcoming weeks is too much could impact maybe a little bit the last weekdays before that... 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Summer 2024 doesn't look too promising...

cupcakke-crying.gif

Every big movie sounds awful outside of Furiosa, gonna just be an all-time awful year for big budget movies. Twisters could maybe be good?

edit: this is assuming mission is skipping, which seems almost definite

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1