RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

19 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

but she will make 13 shows in the uk. That should mean like a 600-700K audience.

I don't know what these people will make, honestly i wouldn't watch this if I had a ticket for the live show 😅

There's still about 2/3rds of people that applied for tickets that didn't get them. And besides, live doesn't compare to a recording. 

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

There's still about 2/3rds of people that applied for tickets that didn't get them. And besides, live doesn't compare to a recording. 

yeah but it's basically seeing a show before. I'm not sayingg i don't want any spoiler but i mean watcingg the whole show before it's really another thing.

What i mean this potential 650K people would definitely more easily watching this if the shows would already happen.

In the same way people already watched the show in the Us could not spend again money, especially if not big big hardcore fans.

I think this in proportion will probably perform better in the countries she won't tour at all, after or before, as you already said about The Philippines for example. 

but releasing it now it'a s good idea. The global release will make it a bigger event and releasing this one year from now would be too much, of course right now is more fresh and cool on people mind, especially the more generic audience.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think the big question is what kind of screens this gets week 2. Because I could see it holding out #1 for a second week (before a collapse starting that Monday after)

it's not released on mondays. 

anyways talk shows are coming back so she can make this kind of promotion now.

Late night shows with Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver are set to return next week.

https://x.com/FilmUpdates/status/1707055907329208635?s=20

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

it's not released on mondays. 

anyways talk shows are coming back so she can make this kind of promotion now.

Late night shows with Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver are set to return next week.

https://x.com/FilmUpdates/status/1707055907329208635?s=20

If Taylor Swift is in SAG, could she go on any of these?

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think the big question is what kind of screens this gets week 2. Because I could see it holding out #1 for a second week (before a collapse starting that Monday after)

My Cinemarks have the movie booked through the 1st weekend of November, which may explain why nothing is moving up to that weekend.

11 hours ago, Dandeak2000 said:

Cineworld said they never came to an agreement so it will not be showing in Cineworld in the UK

https://twitter.com/cineworld/status/1706685681039261959?t=8sMYSfvFgGxTKtxDKgRBwQ&s=19

bruh..... fucking clowns.

9 hours ago, vale9001 said:

but she will make 13 shows in the uk. That should mean like a 600-700K audience.

I don't know what these people will make, honestly i wouldn't watch this if I had a ticket for the live show 😅

I mean by this logic, people would never see an artist live more than once ?

Plenty of people will see an artist on multiple dates of the same tour.

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

KOTFM is getting a lot of the PLF screens, if not quite all of them, FWIW.

Not all of them are in yet, obs, but as I glance locally at Fri Oct 20th, looks to be something close to a 4:1 split between KOTFM and TET.

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

I don't think it's the same. Clearly you want the First live experience to be the first time you live the experience. As seeing some clip here and there recorded with a smartphone is different from seeing the whole complete show with the best video and audio. 

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

My direct manager has already gone to 4 Swift shows and plans to fly overseas to see her again.

I am old fashioned...I think a lot of the fun going to a concert like this is to do it live.

Now somethng live like the New York Met Opera broadcasts I can see gong to..and have gone too on occasoon, but a pop concert like this...nah.

And, yes, people pay to see the Opera broadcasts...they would not have lasted twenty years at the theater chains that show them if they were not making a profit off of them.

I think most people would agree with that sentiment, all too well (sorry) in this case. 

I was looking at tickets for next year and the cheapest are like $900 on the secondary market. That's more than World Series tickets were going for last I checked. As many fans as Swift may have filling out her stadiums she probably has exponentially more that can't even hope to afford the experience, and this is their best opportunity to approximate it.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ Concert Movie Sets World Premiere Event In Los Angeles on October 11th

https://deadline.com/2023/09/taylor-swift-eras-tour-concert-movie-world-premiere-1235558273/

I’ve heard the audience will mostly consist of her top listeners on Spotify, who she is going to give free tickets to. Is that true? 

Taylor is a bit odd, she’s extremely capitalist, very obviously extracting as much money as possible off her rabid fanbase, but she also does stuff like this frequently I think?

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I’ve heard the audience will mostly consist of her top listeners on Spotify, who she is going to give free tickets to. Is that true? 

Taylor is a bit odd, she’s extremely capitalist, very obviously extracting as much money as possible off her rabid fanbase, but she also does stuff like this frequently I think?

Yup that's her thing 

She cares a lot about her fans having the best experience possible that's why her fans have been with her since like 2006 

6 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Like every other star with a rabid fanbase does not do that, going back to Frank Sinatra, who in the early 40's was the first pop star with a really rabid, over the top base. A lot of them try to hide it, but they all try to maximize profits.

I don't critisie her for this, as long as she gives a good show for the fans, but let's not make her Saint Taylor either.

Personally, I thing she is a good perfromer, but I don't get the over the top adoration for her.

And I admit I am getting sick and tired of heraring about ther just about every minutes.

Edited by dudalb

are we really complaining in a box office forum someone is "extremely capitalist"?  😅

in what she should be more capitalist than Leonardo Di Caprio asking for 30M for a movie cause he can sell a movie. Or De Niro or every other director - actor in Hollywood?. Someone of them ask for a dollar less than how much they know can make? Reeeeeally doubt about it. 

Just because she's successful at being successful doesn't mean her mind is "more capitalist" than every other person in the entertainment industry is less successfull. 

She can sell her music contents, some others popstars sell less music so they have to create lingerie, make up, clothing line and all these other merchandising things with theri name on it. Honestly that seems more capitalist to me than a singer selling a ticket for a concert. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 7