MysteryMovieMogul

Weekday Thread | Here you go, Mikey! | Monday: KILLERS $2.04M, EXORCIST $0.47M

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh the only thing I’ve ever watched on Apple was the two Mariah Carey Christmas specials 😂

I've watched the Peanuts specials and Tetris...I tried Hello Tomorrow, but I viscerally hated the main protagonist, and after 3 episodes, I just couldn't see him become even more vile...I mean, you are supposed to hate him, but c'mon...

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I've watched the Peanuts specials and Tetris...I tried Hello Tomorrow, but I viscerally hated the main protagonist, and after 3 episodes, I just couldn't see him become even more vile...I mean, you are supposed to hate him, but c'mon...

Pachinko is excellent and Silo is really good too if you’re looking for more things to check out before you drop it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Jumping off Ted Lasso after the first season is the right call. It’s all diminishing returns from there. 

Ted Lasso S2 and S3 felt like all the interesting stuff happened in-between episodes. So many episodes where it felt like you missed an entire plotline due to things being resolved off-screen.

Ted Lasso is hilarious to me. Not the show itself, because I only saw the pilot. It’s my parents’ favorite show at the moment and when I mentioned that I heard the newer seasons are trash, they were baffled why somebody would say that.

This was the same case with Game of Thrones’ last season. All I saw online was people complaining about how awful it was, but my parents couldn’t stop raving about it and thought all the complaints were nonsense. Was a real whiplash moment every Monday for me lmao

• Haha 1

Faith-based movie show some resiliency in post-Covid era. Their BO are now almost like a horror genre in specialty market. 

The Blind is now the most successful release in the history of Fathom Events, as the faith-based feature has grossed $15.7 million at the North American box office as of Monday.

The film is Fathom’s first to see a longer theatrical run than its traditional event cinema releases. Originally slated for an eight-day run as part of Fathom’s new specialty distribution model, it was extended twice, Fathom said, and held a steady position in the top 10 for the duration of its more than three weeks in cinemas.

• Like 1

-22% from Wednesday. The combined power of Freddy and swift.

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Great Wednesday holds, Killers of the Flower Moon was the only film to fall more than 30%.

Exorcist -19%, Saw -18% 

to be fair, Flower Moon did have the biggest and way stronger jump among top 10 on Tuesday. 

-