XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It'd depend on circumstances (merit, if she's behaved like this before), but my guess is at worst this is quietly settled and maybe an apology unless there's like real serious injury.

i don't think the studio behind the movie will want this to go to court, so it will be settled , if accusations are false they likely have witnesses/ video evidence otherwise

We have more info on the Daredevil revamp:

The 18 episodes is being split into two halves of 9 (rumored before the revamp but now we have confirmation)

They're keeping six of the episodes that have been filmed already.

The pilot and two other episodes are being rewritten by Scardapane.

Karen and Foggy are now returning.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I’m not convinced the Mia Goth lawsuit will cause her to get fired. Chances are it’ll just get settled and business will resume as usual. 

If anyone wants to claim that it would be a double standard for her not to get fired, just keep in mind that they didn’t officially drop Johnathan Majors until after he was found guilty in a criminal trial. Actors settling lawsuits is nothing new. 

Edited by WittyUsername

7 minutes ago, Becker said:

Actors got the big salary upfront, instead of from the backend like the movie stars.

Nah, no one in she hulk is a big star. They blew the budget on reshoots and idiotic scenes. 

It's sounding more and more that basically a big part of the TV revamp is basically having the TV operate a bit more like the previous version, but actually under Marvel Studios. Doing more their own thing but unlike with Loeb it's not literally a different company

7 hours ago, Torontofan said:

wtf how did it have a 225 million budget lol 

(1) It sounds like all "major" shows had a similar budget but (2) I will never understand why this interview never "resurfaces"

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/she-hulk-steve-rogers-virginity-cut-scenes-1235342096/

I had produced television before, so there is always a part of my brain that’s wearing the television producer’s hat of costs, and imagining a line producer screaming at me and blaming me for their ulcer. So, going into writing this, I was very aware of that, but I also had no clue how much the CG cost. I just knew CG was expensive. From the beginning, I asked Kevin [Feige], “How much can we do? How cost-conscious should I be? Give me some guidelines.” And [Feige] said, “If I’m gonna watch a show called ‘She-Hulk,’ I want to see She-Hulk.” That kind of was the carte blanche to just write it however I wanted. And I remember distinctly thinking, “I hope we remember this conversation and the budgets come back and somebody gets mad at me for it.”

This isn't just on She-Hulk for blowing budget, it's a systematic problem.

Yes. Once we got into pre-production and production itself, once somebody had to sit down and start figuring out the cost of everything, it was like every week, I was told, “Can you cut more She-Hulk scenes? Can you change more She-Hulk scenes to Jen? Can she be Jen in more scenes?” There were a lot of things that then had to be changed at the last minute to go from She-Hulk to Jen. Even in post, you know, we had to cut a lot of shots by virtue just because it was She-Hulk.

Also, more "Jen" to cut budget and actually utilize Maslani's acting ability in scenes with other people would have been the right call.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I don’t understand how ‘blowing the budget’ was she-hulk (the show’s) fault. That’s on marvel, surely? Or did it start out as much less and costs escalated because of poor planning? 

It's on Marvel because they should have never created a She-Hulk show if they couldn't invest enough money.

She-Hulk will always be a pretty expensive show (especially if they want to show She-Hulk a lot).

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I don’t understand how ‘blowing the budget’ was she-hulk (the show’s) fault. That’s on marvel, surely? Or did it start out as much less and costs escalated because of poor planning? 

The twerk off likely cost 100 million dollars of cringe though 

On 1/16/2024 at 12:19 PM, Torontofan said:

wtf how did it have a 225 million budget lol 

No doubt Marvel has overspent on the Disney Plus shows. There is a reason why TV show budgets have always been lower then theatrical movie budgets.